What are your thoughts re Hegelian Dialectic & CRT

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Bootstrap

Re: What are your thoughts re Hegelian Dialectic & CRT in the Church?

Post by Bootstrap »

ohio jones wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:45 pm Gary, I think you need to include the next sentence:
Ken wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:07 pm We have made a lot of progress. I think we can all agree that we are in a better place than we were 50 years ago or 100 years ago. But in many ways we still have more progress to make before we have a true color-blind society. And figuring out how to get there is going to involve lots of fits and starts and backsliding as well as mistakes and ineffective nonsense.
Focusing divisively on race is part of the backsliding and mistakes, and there's a lot of ineffective nonsense in current academia. It will probably take a radical change in methodology for progress to continue.
What would you suggest?
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Falco? The Frankfurt School and Critical Theory ..

Dr Steve Turley / Real Professor REACTS To Bill Maher TORCHING Woke Colleges!!! / 12min
0 x
Falco Knotwise

Post by Falco Knotwise »

temporal1 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:09 pm Falco? The Frankfurt School and Critical Theory ..

Dr Steve Turley / Real Professor REACTS To Bill Maher TORCHING Woke Colleges!!! / 12min
Also, a picture of the manifesto of school shooter Audrey Haley has now been released to the public via unofficial channels. It clearly shows terrorism and hatred inspired by left wing type rhetoric about “white privilege.”

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/nashv ... -manifesto

Looking forward to what Bill Maher might have to say about that, too.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

I’d really like to know why there was such a concerted effort to keep the manifesto secret.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:02 am I’d really like to know why there was such a concerted effort to keep the manifesto secret.
They do that with every mass shooting. It is to avoid copycats as happened with Columbine: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... cat_crimes

Do you really want unhinged psychotic people taking cues from other unhinged psychotic people?
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Falco Knotwise

Post by Falco Knotwise »

Josh wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:02 am I’d really like to know why there was such a concerted effort to keep the manifesto secret.
I’d like to know whether teaching students about “white privilege” in universities is still considered just a harmless “lens” through which to examine social injustices?

Also, is on-campus antisemitic rhetoric in the name of “resisting colonialism” (by the left) really that different than Germany’s antisemitic rhetoric in the name of resisting communism?
Last edited by Falco Knotwise on Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Szdfan

Post by Szdfan »

Ken wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:28 am
They do that with every mass shooting. It is to avoid copycats as happened with Columbine: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... cat_crimes

Do you really want unhinged psychotic people taking cues from other unhinged psychotic people?
I haven't seen any news about this manifesto being made public anywhere else. Do we know for sure that this is real?
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Falco Knotwise wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:00 pm
I’d like to know whether teaching students about “white privilege” in universities is still considered just a harmless “lens” through which to examine social injustices?

Also, is on-campus antisemitic rhetoric in the name of “resisting colonialism” (by the left) really that different than Germany’s antisemitic rhetoric in the name of resisting communism?
Should we ban teaching of Christianity because some people weaponize it to support racism, war, anti-Semitism and genocide?

We shouldn't be afraid of ideas but we should always be critical of them.

The whole "resistance" nonsense is just a euphemism for violence so that is somewhat different. Calls for violence should be criticized. A lot of this stuff is being deliberately amplified by Russian and Chinese social media efforts. For example, TikTok which is Chinese-owned has algorithms that promote pro-Hamas and anti-Israel messaging. It is deliberate. But Israel is also doing itself no favors in the war for public opinion. Not just in this latest outbreak of war in Gaza, but also in their administration of the West Bank.
0 x
Falco Knotwise

Post by Falco Knotwise »

Ken wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:34 pm
Falco Knotwise wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:00 pm

Should we ban teaching of Christianity because some people weaponize it to support racism, war, anti-Semitism and genocide?
Hasn’t teaching Christianity already been banned from schools and universities for the last 50 years or so? Have you been living under a rock lately, Ken? :lol:
We shouldn't be afraid of ideas but we should always be critical of them.
The whole "resistance" nonsense is just a euphemism for violence so that is somewhat different. Calls for violence should be criticized. A lot of this stuff is being deliberately amplified by Russian and Chinese social media efforts.
So now it’s a communist plot to undermine America? Isn’t that just supposed to be a conspiracy theory by right wing nuts?

But it seems to me this stuff is being amplified by left wing professors inspired by wokism, and they don’t seem to be very critical of it, at all.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Falco Knotwise wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:52 pmSo now it’s a communist plot to undermine America? Isn’t that just supposed to be a conspiracy theory by right wing nuts?

But it seems to me this stuff is being amplified by left wing professors inspired by wokism, and they don’t seem to be very critical of it, at all.
To cite just one source on this subject
"TikTok's algorithm is fueling misinformation against Israel and anti-Semitic discourse: The Chinese platform notably favors pro-Palestine publications":: https://voz.us/tiktoks-algorithm-is-fue ... e/?lang=en
Both things can be simultaneously true. There are plenty of lefty radical professors at both American and foreign universities who teach this sort of thing.

AND

Social media company algorithms also promote the same material on their sites.
0 x