Sattler College Turmoil

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
RZehr

Re: Sattler College Turmoil

Post by RZehr »

AnthonyMartin wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:22 am No payroll, inducements, or freebies involved.
Well that is disappointing. If I manage to ever visit, I kinda had my hopes set on some payroll, inducements, or freebies.
But Thai sounds delicious, that will do.
1 x
RZehr

Post by RZehr »

Dan Z wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:30 am
Nomad wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:28 pm
HondurasKeiser wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:01 pm
You are a remarkably good writer.
Like Shakespeare or something from the classics. Very impressive...
Product of a good Sattler education... :)
Nah. I doubt he went to Sattler. I’m gonna claim it was that high quality 1st grade in parochial.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

AnthonyMartin wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:22 am I can vouch for the warm invitation and pleasant time with brothereicher and his family in Boston. Very gracious hosts, and we were able to enjoy some delightful Thai food with them. No payroll, inducements, or freebies involved.
If one cares to come to Cleveland (or even humble Alliance, Ohio), I’d be happy to take anyone out for Thai food. No need to go all the way to Boston (or Bangkok).
1 x
AnthonyMartin
Affiliation: LMC

Post by AnthonyMartin »

Josh wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:59 am
AnthonyMartin wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:22 am I can vouch for the warm invitation and pleasant time with brothereicher and his family in Boston. Very gracious hosts, and we were able to enjoy some delightful Thai food with them. No payroll, inducements, or freebies involved.
If one cares to come to Cleveland (or even humble Alliance, Ohio), I’d be happy to take anyone out for Thai food. No need to go all the way to Boston (or Bangkok).
I'll keep that in mind. I live about halfway between Boston and Cleveland, so perhaps my subjective comparison would be valuable.
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

AnthonyMartin wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:09 am
I'll keep that in mind. I live about halfway between Boston and Cleveland, so perhaps my subjective comparison would be valuable.
And so the great food war begins
0 x
AnthonyMartin

Post by AnthonyMartin »

Soloist wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:22 am
AnthonyMartin wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:09 am

And so the great food war begins
Having a son-in-law who grew up in Thailand maybe I should bring him along for expanded expertise.
0 x
joshuabgood

Post by joshuabgood »

Kenny Chesney likes Cleveland I hear.
1 x
AnthonyMartin

Post by AnthonyMartin »

joshuabgood wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:34 pm Kenny Chesney likes Cleveland I hear.
He’s gonna leave in the morning
0 x
joshuabgood

Post by joshuabgood »

In other news, I have two Sattler grads working for me and I am very happy with their work.
1 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

joshuabgood wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:37 pm In other news, I have two Sattler grads working for me and I am very happy with their work.
What do you do for a profession?
0 x