Street preaching at Pinecraft

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Street preaching at Pinecraft

Post by Grace »

The way to distinguish if someone is a false prophet is when they lie and speak falsehoods. In the one video a man comes up and attempts to peacefully and in a gentle tone of voice engage the speaker. The speaker accused him of assault, which according to the video, didn't happen.

You can also tell a false prophet by the way they treat women. The treatment of the woman speaking, wasn't that of a man of God. Jesus certainly didn't treat women that way, the woman at the well, Mary & Martha, the harlot that poured oil on his feet, etc
1 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Sudsy wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:06 am Just curious - do your men wear clothing similar to Jesus time on earth, robes ?
There are no "your men" -- he's a lone wolf.
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

He really has a thing about Anabaptists, doesn't he?

So he sets up a video camera, starts telling people they are going to hell, and records their response to broadcast on his website? That seems more like trolling than preaching.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
ABC 123

Post by ABC 123 »

Rebuking a bunch of old Amish and Mennonite men for being idle because they are playing shuffleboard on vacation?

Sorry, but your tactics are really rude and I would hate to be bothered by you at the park. No wonder if they called the cops.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

ABC 123 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:43 pm Rebuking a bunch of old Amish and Mennonite men for being idle because they are playing shuffleboard on vacation?

Sorry, but your tactics are really rude and I would hate to be bothered by you at the park. No wonder if they called the cops.
Most of whom have probably worked 10-times harder in their lives in productive employment compared to this guy.
4 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

I generally prefer Bible studies in a quiet and private setting, prayerfully, without shouting, taking time to carefully read the passages in context and talk things out. Without anyone filming me to make a show of it.
0 x
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

ABC 123 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:43 pm Rebuking a bunch of old Amish and Mennonite men for being idle because they are playing shuffleboard on vacation?

I didn't watch any videos. Did they seriously call the cops? What happened?
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

mike wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:14 pm

I didn't watch any videos. Did they seriously call the cops? What happened?
[media]https://www.dontperish.com/uploads/b/44 ... _n_641.mp4[/media]
0 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Anyone know this guy's history? Did he come from an Anabaptist background?

He doesn't seem to actually know much about Anabaptist theology or teaching, according to his website. Where is he getting his view of Anabaptism from?

Is he actually converting anyone, or just trolling people so he can film them and put them on his website?
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Bootstrap wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:40 pm Anyone know this guy's history? Did he come from an Anabaptist background?
He is not a bitter ex-Menno. "We were false converts in man's modern denominational religion for many years" but he does not identify the denomination; he denounces them all.
He doesn't seem to actually know much about Anabaptist theology or teaching, according to his website. Where is he getting his view of Anabaptism from?
MennoNet.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited