Election Investigations

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: Election Investigations

Post by Ken »

RZehr wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:19 pmI mean sure, it’s better in the sense that they mention it in the body. But notice how the title not only omits blaring “Democrat Cheated!!!”, but instead makes it sound like it was all an unfortunate misunderstanding that wasn’t her fault. (Which for all I know may be. I have no idea. I’m just pointing out the obvious bias.)

And compare the chosen Pritchard photo, showing him wagging his finger and looking mean, to the WaPo picture of her looking sweet and innocent and sun dappled. These selections are intentional decisions.
Here yesterday's Washington Post coverage of the Pritchard case which we can compare and contrast with the Washington Post of the Moses coverage. I would never argue that the media bias doesn't exist. For example, I expect FOX news covered both cases differently than the Post. But that doesn't change the underlying facts.

0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Ya, wow. Those two Washington Post headlines sure have different slants. And yes, I expect Fox to do the same.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Here is Fox News.

How did Fox News cover the Brian Pritchard conviction? Hmm.....it seems they completely ignored it and pretended that it didn't happen. A search on Brian Pritchard brings up no articles at all on the Fox News site.

Whereas with the Pamela Moses case they not only covered it on the front page, but highlighted the fact that she was a BLM Activist.

0 x
RZehr

Post by RZehr »

I would expect nothing less out of Fox.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

RZehr wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:39 pm I would expect nothing less out of Fox.
Wait... You mean they are lying about this?

0 x
RZehr

Post by RZehr »

Ken wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:59 pm
RZehr wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:39 pm I would expect nothing less out of Fox.
Wait... You mean they are lying about this?

I’ll give them the benefit of dropping that slogan, after they strayed so far from it that it was comical.
I think there was a time that they were the most reputable of their peers. Think this is no longer the case today.
0 x
Jazman
Affiliation: Lanc Menno Conf

Post by Jazman »

Just for the record... since I've wondered how many 2020 election conspiracies have influenced some here (and all their related posts and arguments)... maybe this can help put another nail in that very smelly-by-now coffin known as "The 2020 election was stolen"...

"Now its [2,000 Mules] distributors are retracting it. Here's the New York Times:
'The conservative media company Salem Media Group has apologized to a Georgia man who was falsely depicted as having committed election fraud in the film 2,000 Mules, which Salem co-produced and released in 2022 . . .

The film features surveillance video of the man from Georgia, Mark Andrews, as he places ballots into a drop box near Atlanta, along with voice-over commentary by Mr. D’Souza calling the action “a crime” and adding, “These are fraudulent votes.” . . .

Mr. Andrews sued Mr. D’Souza, along with Salem and two individuals associated with the right-wing election-monitoring group True the Vote, for defamation in October 2022. State investigators in Georgia have since found that Mr. Andrews committed no crime and that he had legally deposited the ballots for himself and several members of his family.

“It was never our intent that the publication of the ‘2,000 Mules’ film and book would harm Mr. Andrews,” Salem said in a statement on Friday. “We apologize for the hurt the inclusion of Mr. Andrews’s image in the movie, book and promotional materials have caused Mr. Andrews and his family.”

Salem, one of the largest radio broadcasters in the country, with 115 stations, also syndicates radio and podcast content, operates several websites and publishes a number of conservative Christian-themed magazines. It said on Friday that it had taken “2,000 Mules” off its platforms and that it would no longer distribute the film and the book.
' " - ANDREW EGGER
0 x
A history that looks back to a mythologized past as the country’s perfect time is a key tool of authoritarians. It allows them to characterize anyone who opposes them as an enemy of the country’s great destiny. - Heather Cox Richardson
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jazman wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:43 pm Just for the record... since I've wondered how many 2020 election conspiracies have influenced some here (and all their related posts and arguments)... maybe this can help put another nail in that very smelly-by-now coffin known as "The 2020 election was stolen"...

"Now its [2,000 Mules] distributors are retracting it. Here's the New York Times:
'The conservative media company Salem Media Group has apologized to a Georgia man who was falsely depicted as having committed election fraud in the film 2,000 Mules, which Salem co-produced and released in 2022 . . .

The film features surveillance video of the man from Georgia, Mark Andrews, as he places ballots into a drop box near Atlanta, along with voice-over commentary by Mr. D’Souza calling the action “a crime” and adding, “These are fraudulent votes.” . . .

Mr. Andrews sued Mr. D’Souza, along with Salem and two individuals associated with the right-wing election-monitoring group True the Vote, for defamation in October 2022. State investigators in Georgia have since found that Mr. Andrews committed no crime and that he had legally deposited the ballots for himself and several members of his family.

“It was never our intent that the publication of the ‘2,000 Mules’ film and book would harm Mr. Andrews,” Salem said in a statement on Friday. “We apologize for the hurt the inclusion of Mr. Andrews’s image in the movie, book and promotional materials have caused Mr. Andrews and his family.”

Salem, one of the largest radio broadcasters in the country, with 115 stations, also syndicates radio and podcast content, operates several websites and publishes a number of conservative Christian-themed magazines. It said on Friday that it had taken “2,000 Mules” off its platforms and that it would no longer distribute the film and the book.
' " - ANDREW EGGER
It kind of doesn't matter now does it? Public misinformation such as these films already served their purpose which was to bolster Trump's lies. By now most people's opinions have hardened due to the sheer endless repetition of the lies that Trump and his sycophants still constantly tell to this day. And Trump has made election denial part of the initiation rites for being a Republican party candidate. So people who should know better just go along for political expedience.
0 x