Hunter Biden Plea Deal

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Hunter Biden Plea Deal

Post by Grace »

What is it with the Biden children not paying their “fair share” of taxes?

Https://nypost.com/2023/12/18/news/bide ... ents-show/
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Grace wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:59 pm
temporal1 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:40 pm Depraved private citizen with welcomed access to the White House, the infamous garage, Corvette, and much-much more.
Low grade man with privileged connections.
Don’t forget flying on Air Force two, to various locations in order to conduct business with foreign companies. (Probably selling access to the Biden brand) Yet Joe Biden claimed he Never discussed Hunter’s business dealings. (That lie was changed at a later date) Anyone who believes that while he was flying on Air Force two with his dad, and they didn’t discuss business dealings, well, I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale. Not only did he have welcomed access to the White House, so did his business partners. They also had access to the vice president at the White House, on golf courses, in fancy restaurants, etc.. We know that Hunter Biden was with his dad, when he was shaking down, and threatening some foreign national for lots of money. According to bank records, a few days later, a huge amount Of money was deposited into a Biden account from said person.
“much-much more” was a bold understatement.
“Was he restricted from anything, riding in his adoring papa’s pocket - for ALL his life?” (born 1970) now 53.

Just above:
GaryK:
From what I understand, they are willing to have him testify in open session after the closed door deposition.
i believe this is accurate.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
barnhart

Post by barnhart »

Am I understanding correctly that conservatives are clambering for closed door hearings.
0 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

GaryK wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:32 am
Ken wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:23 amYet they are still terrified of having Hunter Biden testify in open session even though he says he is willing to do so. Why is that?

He's not a government official privy to any classified or sensitive information. There is no reason why anything he says shouldn't be public. Unless perhaps it doesn't fit their narrative.
From what I understand, they are willing to have him testify in open session after the closed door deposition.
So?

If you were Hunter Biden, wouldn't you think these people are trying to get you and your father? When they parade around for the media, promising to get them, promising that the evidence will come? When Donald Trump says he will find primary challengers for anyone who doesn't go along? When the same Jim Jordan who refused to testify when subpoenaed now threatens Hunter Biden if he wants his testimony to be done in public?

Tell me exactly why Hunter Biden and his lawyer should trust this committee, given the way it has run so far. Explain to me what authority they have to demand that the testimony be in private. Why not just accept his public testimony?

Under what circumstances would you agree to a closed door hearing with the prosecuting attorney who wants to get you? Do you think Trump should do this?
Last edited by Bootstrap on Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

barnhart wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:04 pm Am I understanding correctly that conservatives are clambering for closed door hearings.
Depending on your definition of conservatives. I think it's more accurate to say that MAGA Republicans in the House are clamoring for closed door hearings.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

The maths confuse me. :?

immoral: ORANGE MAN BAD 7+ years of olympic-level unrestrained targeting “HUGE”
amoral: HB A HAPLESS CHILDLIKE VICTIM too frail to withstand .. ?? anything?? “Coddle-me, Hunter?”
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

temporal1 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:21 pm The maths confuse me. :?

amoral: HB A HAPLESS CHILDLIKE VICTIM too frail to withstand .. ?? anything?? “Coddle-me, Hunter?”
Let me give you a hint: ignore the names. Use X or Y if that helps. And respond to what people are actually saying, in their own words, instead of making up what they are saying. If you are afraid of partisan emotion - and I agree with you there - take out the things that appeal to partisan emotion.

If there is serious indication of possible wrongdoing, should X testify? Should Y? Should they be forced to? Should they be forced to do it in closed-door hearings with openly hostile people who are showing up on media to promise that they are going to get X or Y? And raising campaign funds based on it?

If you are afraid of partisan targeting - how do you define that? What safeguards should we have for both X and Y? When someone who is being investigated for wrongdoing claims they are just trying to get him, what process should we use to see if that is actually happening?

We can also look at things like tax fraud and statutes of limitations for X and Y. Or rules of evidence for X and Y.

I think it really does help to take the names out of it. And to stop appealing to partisan emotion every time.

Suppose we are going to apply the same standards to X and Y. What should these standards be? Why?
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

temporal1 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:21 pm The maths confuse me. :?

If you need help with math here goes:

Donald Trump: 91 felony indictments and and endless decades-long history of other charges for running a fraudulent fake "university" running a fake charity, civil lawsuits, cheating on taxes, and cheating virtually every supplier and contractor he has ever done business with. And by the way, ALL THE WITNESSES AGAINST TRUMP ARE REPUBLICANS.

Joe Biden: Zero indictments and zero credible accusations of any wrongdoing.

As for Hunter Biden? He's a private citizen who has never held any sort of public office. So his mundane and pedestrian legal troubles are not really of any public interest.
2 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Grace wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:08 pm Don Jr. sat through many hours in a closed door deposition about Jan. 6, and he had no reason to trust any of the investigators either, yet he did it anyway. And the information discussed was not classified.

But Hunter Biden is being coddled and protected by his father's DOJ and expects to be treated differently. If he is charged with contempt pf congress, we will see if he gets treated like Peter Navarro.
No, this is inaccurate.

Don Jr. spoke to the committee for only 2 hours via videoconference. The subject they wanted to discuss was his reported efforts to pressure his father through Mark Meadows to quell the mob storming the Capitol on 1/6. Don Jr. was not a suspect in any way and apparently one of the good guys on that day. The committee spoke to him as a witness to get a better picture of the events within the White House on that day. Apparently it was a uneventful interview. Here are actual news reports about it: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... -rcna27381
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

GaryK wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:32 am From what I understand, they are willing to have him testify in open session after the closed door deposition.
It is quite normal for there to be closed door sessions. This allows the questioning to not be a show, but allow honest investigation. When public, they all get 5 minutes of grandstanding and little gets discovered.

I think there is justified grounds for an investigation. An impeachment inquiry is just that, an investigation to gather facts. They slipped this step on several former Impeachment cases. I think this needs to transition to a new thread of Biden Impeachment Inquiry.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.