Lititz Springs Park

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
KrisKramer
Affiliation: Raised Conserv. Menn

Re: Lititz Springs Park

Post by KrisKramer »

The Lititz Moravian Church has apologized for their first press release and has apologized to Lititz Chooses Love and Pride will be happening in the Lititz Springs Park

Here is the church's newest statement

https://lititzmoravian.org/latest-news/ ... ings-park/
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Highland Park

Post by temporal1 »

ohio jones wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:41 am
barnhart wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:24 pm I've always found their statues of Jesus with open arms a little at odds with the razor wire and high walls with sharp glass shards embedded at the top.
BLACK KNIGHT: Nun shall pass.
ARTHUR: I have no quarrel with you, good Sir Knight, but I must cross this wall.
BLACK KNIGHT: Then you shall die.
BLACK KNIGHT: ‘Tis but a scratch.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

KrisKramer wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:53 pm The Lititz Moravian Church has apologized for their first press release and has apologized to Lititz Chooses Love and Pride will be happening in the Lititz Springs Park

This is instructive to see how liberals and leftists take over institutions.

We also see that the government tolerates leftists using a 501(c)3 to promote political activity - as long as it is promoting leftist, homosexual values.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

:arrow: Compare: 1) MARCH 27:
Josh wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:11 pm
Jazman wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:36 am
Josh wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:52 pm Jazman,
There is no need to speculate here. The Moravian church board has already publicly stated to the press they don’t want to host gay pride events on their property. The park board (which is subordinate the church board) is simply openly defying them. Replacing a rebellious board often takes time and can’t be done quickly.
Could you post the quote here? And if whole board said that or a person on the board?
You can go re-read the news article on it, or simply click on page 1 or this thread:
The park board had already approved renting the park to the organization last year, but on Friday, the Lititz Moravian Congregation Board of Trustees directed the park board to deny Lititz Chooses Love “full use” of the park,
citing “political activism,” “vulgarity and dress issues of presenters” at last year’s event, as well as safety concerns.

:arrow: Compare: 2) APRIL 19:
KrisKramer wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:53 pm The Lititz Moravian Church has apologized for their first press release and has apologized to Lititz Chooses Love and Pride will be happening in the Lititz Springs Park

- - - - - - -
Josh wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:24 am This is instructive to see how liberals and leftists take over institutions.

We also see that the government tolerates leftists using a 501(c)3 to promote political activity - as long as it is promoting leftist, homosexual values.
It now runs “like a Swiss watch,” a well-oiled human-crafted bully machine.
Valerie wrote a similar assessment of the patterns happening in church settings years ago on MD.

If only MLK Jr could return from the 1960’s, review, speak to the process he set in motion when he (naively) led his flock to seeking after government, human law, for answers. It was so “logical!” The false god of human logic.

Human reasoning is a bear. A scourge.

- - - - - - -

i’m not at all surprised over the Moravian flip-flop, more surprised they even attempted to interfere with (celebration of pride, itself a grave sin) - because of other occasional reports i’ve read of Moravians, let’s say, from the 1990’s.

The 1990’s caused deep havoc for Christians, the internet versus predatory carnal Catholic priest abuse, had a major ripple effect throughout Christianity. The havoc continues, no denom has gone unaffected. Lots of new members to MD, Catholic and other, arrived hoping Mennonites/Anabaptists MIGHT have escaped. i was one hopeful. No. None untouched, none wise enough to have escaped.

Instead of taking the opportunity to repent, submit, obey God’s word, opportunists ushered in MORE human reasoning,
for instance, because men are obviously imperfect and sin .. WOMEN in ministry and leadership, homosexuals in ministry and leadership .. “why not?” Pews emptied. Many felt their churches “left them.”

human reasoning is THE problem. as scriptures aptly warn. [Trouble = “why not?”] ask Eve and Adam. :-|

Proverbs 3:5
https://biblehub.com/proverbs/3-5.htm
4Then you will find favor and high regard in the sight of God and man.

5Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding;

6in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.…
Not, “He will make your paths proud”… :-|
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

In all circumstances, authentic believers persevere in faith:
BLACK KNIGHT: ‘Tis but a scratch.

It’s all so tragic. Pride will never satisfy. It can’t. The pursuit is hopeless. Prayers for the deceived.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

KrisK,
i want to clarify, my response is not intended as an affront to you. i’ve appreciated your forum input.
you did not include a word of opinion in your post.

my central bugaboo is celebration/worship of pride. in my view, this is enough for Christians to refuse.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Jazman
Affiliation: Lanc Menno Conf

Post by Jazman »

Saw this a few days ago... looks like my framing or intuition about the situation is close, maybe?
First, I'm still not sure from what I've read so far, that I can frame the situation quite as starkly as [Josh opinion = unified church board at war with unified park board...) Do you live near Lititz? (I do). Have you been to this church (I have, numerous times. And my son's cello teacher attends). From what I can tell the church leans mainline (woman pastor, African American man associate pastor... Loved his Christmas homily btw, but a few minutes talk does not mean we agree on things) But, given the general community I could see the church board/trustees possibly having a more conservative member(s). I could see the park board having 1 activist and other more conservative members or vice versa... In the news pieces it's not real clear where the lines might be [...]
. Looks like the lines are clearer or maybe there aren't even lines. Church board seems to be fairly in line with the park board, at least publicly, now.
0 x
A history that looks back to a mythologized past as the country’s perfect time is a key tool of authoritarians. It allows them to characterize anyone who opposes them as an enemy of the country’s great destiny. - Heather Cox Richardson
joshuabgood
Affiliation: BMA

Post by joshuabgood »

It is a really weird about face.
0 x
KrisKramer

Post by KrisKramer »

Jazman wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:50 pm

Saw this a few days ago... looks like my framing or intuition about the situation is close, maybe?
First, I'm still not sure from what I've read so far, that I can frame the situation quite as starkly as [Josh opinion = unified church board at war with unified park board...) Do you live near Lititz? (I do). Have you been to this church (I have, numerous times. And my son's cello teacher attends). From what I can tell the church leans mainline (woman pastor, African American man associate pastor... Loved his Christmas homily btw, but a few minutes talk does not mean we agree on things) But, given the general community I could see the church board/trustees possibly having a more conservative member(s). I could see the park board having 1 activist and other more conservative members or vice versa... In the news pieces it's not real clear where the lines might be [...]
. Looks like the lines are clearer or maybe there aren't even lines. Church board seems to be fairly in line with the park board, at least publicly, now.
The one church board member (president I believe) who was against the pride festival has stepped down from the board. I do not know which other board members believe what.

The Moravian Church as a whole seems to be pro-lgbtq
0 x
KrisKramer

Post by KrisKramer »

joshuabgood wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:45 pm It is a really weird about face.
The Moravian Church as a whole seems to be pro-lgbtq and just a few board members may not have been. I do know one has stepped down from his position.
0 x