Gender confusion

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Re: Gender confusion

Post by Szdfan »

Soloist wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:47 pm
Szdfan wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:31 pm
Please provide some documented evidence that there are lots of drag shows and trans children’s hours at the library?
I have seen it posted at several libraries and I have no desire to go looking into it just to prove something to you.

When you actually start responding to my questions of you, perhaps I can recruit someone to get some links for your perusal.
viewtopic.php?p=158608#p158608
Respectfully, I don’t think I owe you a response. I don’t think anyone owes anyone here responses to questions. You don’t of course have to answer my question either.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Szdfan wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:46 pm
Respectfully, I don’t think I owe you a response. I don’t think anyone owes anyone here responses to questions. You don’t of course have to answer my question either.
Why are you even here then? this is a forum...

Edit: and for the record, I do answer questions if someone answers back in kind and if you can find something asked of me I didn't answer, I'll respond.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
nett
Affiliation: Midwest Fellowship

Post by nett »

Szdfan wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:46 pm
Soloist wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:47 pm
Szdfan wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:31 pm
Please provide some documented evidence that there are lots of drag shows and trans children’s hours at the library?
I have seen it posted at several libraries and I have no desire to go looking into it just to prove something to you.

When you actually start responding to my questions of you, perhaps I can recruit someone to get some links for your perusal.
viewtopic.php?p=158608#p158608
How convenient. When the tough questions get asked, you "don't owe a response".

I provided exactly the evidence you asked for in the other thread. Be careful as you remove your head from the sand, it hurts if it gets in your eyes.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Szdfan wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:31 pm Please provide some documented evidence that there are lots of drag shows and trans children’s hours at the library?
My local library system that I pay taxes to support is busy emailing me about their special activities for PRIDE month. So, yeah.

With a simple Google search I found several libraries less than an hour drive from me with special drag queen story hours. This is not "rare" at all. I'm not in San Francisco or Provincetown either.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Szdfan wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:46 pm Respectfully, I don’t think I owe you a response. I don’t think anyone owes anyone here responses to questions. You don’t of course have to answer my question either.
Of course, nobody "owes" anyone a response, but if you want to pursue fruitful discussion (or find consensus and peace instead of war), perhaps it would be a good idea to choose to engage with your opponents, instead of simply always dismissing them as hateful, evil people, which seems to be your modus operandi lately.
0 x
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

1 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Organized political blocs, and now CULTS, have mastered how to acquire BOTH legal protections+promotion in laws of the land,
they now have free access to the Public Treasury to run rampant. The DOE, healthcare, government policies, pushed onto private industry - domestically and abroad.

This isn’t just about moral questions, empathy, public popularity, etc.
It’s officially “by force of the sword,” which takes it ‘way beyond (what most of us are prepared to imagine).

The public has NOT demanded accountability for the Public Treasury. It’s been severely pirated by clever-clever evil.

“By force of the sword” is a monumental turn toward evil.
temporal1 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:47 am
:arrow: Mind and hormone altering drugs in the water supply. 💦
New Rule: Along for the Pride | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO) / 9 min

evidently, Bill M is getting complaints (from the bloc) about this video.
i’m not a fan of Bill M: buyer beware! he can be funny and astute.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
GaryK
Affiliation: Unaffiliated

Post by GaryK »

‘I literally lost organs:’ Why detransitioned teens regret changing genders
https://nypost.com/2022/06/18/detransit ... g-genders/
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

GaryK wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:26 am
‘I literally lost organs:’ Why detransitioned teens regret changing genders

https://nypost.com/2022/06/18/detransit ... g-genders/

The rudderless world. :(
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Historically, transitioning from male to female was vastly more common, with this cohort typically experiencing persistent gender dysphoria from a very young age. Recently, however, the status quo has reversed, and female-to-male transitions have become the overwhelming
Oddly enough, females are far more likely to de-transition as well although its unclear if that is a population density thing.
Dr. Lisa Littman, a former professor of Behavioral and Social Sciences at Brown University, coined the term “rapid onset gender dysphoria” to describe this subset of transgender youth, typically biological females who become suddenly dysphoric during or shortly after puberty. Littman believes this may be due to adolescent girls’ susceptibility to peer influence on social media.
Exactly what I've seen and accurate.
“I was going through a period where I was just really isolated at school, so I turned to the Internet,” she recalled. In her real life, Kerschner had a falling out with friends at school; online however, she found a community that welcomed her. “My dysphoria was definitely triggered by this online community. I never thought about my gender or had a problem with being a girl before going on Tumblr.”
Covid is going to result in a massive rise in this due to even more isolation.
She said she felt political pressure to transition, too. “The community was very social justice-y. There was a lot of negativity around being a cis, heterosexual, white girl, and I took those messages really, really personally.”
This has been echoed by others. Coincidentally white male and females transition at a higher rate then minorities.
Chloe Cole, a 17-year-old student in California, had a similar experience when she joined Instagram at 11. “I started being exposed to a lot of LGBT content and activism,” she said. “I saw how trans people online got an overwhelming amount of support, and the amount of praise they were getting really spoke to me because, at the time, I didn’t really have a lot of friends of my own.”
People are seeking community and they don't know the cost of these commitments. The amount of parallel to many cults is striking.
Until 2019, Marcus Evans was the Clinical Director of Adult and Adolescent Services at the Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust, a publicly funded mental-health center in the UK where many youth seek treatment for gender dysphoria. But he resigned three years ago over what he viewed as the unnecessary medicalization of dysphoric adolescents.
“I saw children being fast-tracked onto medical solutions for psychological problems, and when kids get on the medical conveyor belt, they don’t get off,” Evans said. “But the politicization of the issue was shutting down proper clinical rigor. That meant quite vulnerable kids were in danger of being put on a medical path for treatment that they may well regret.”
He is right and only a handful of people are actually sounding the alarm as to this very dangerous course
Indeed, transitions are getting younger and hastier. Puberty blockers are commonly administered at the first sign of development to children as young as 9, according to the World Professional Association for Transgender Health. Testosterone and estrogen injections are frequently prescribed at age 13 or 14, despite the Endocrine Society’s recommendation of 16. And serious surgeries like mastectomies are sometimes performed on children as young as 13.
The subject of detransitioning is often met with vitriol from the transgender activist community, which claims that stories like Chloe’s and Helena’s will be used to discredit the trans movement as a whole.

This is understandable, although unlikely, as research reveals that up to 86% of trans adults feel that transitioning was the right long-term decision for them. But, as more and more children are entrusted to make serious medical decisions with permanent implications, the numbers of disaffected detransitioners is almost certain to grow.
The research was deeply flawed to begin with and eliminated desisters/detransitioners but the vitriol is not made up... its a very hostile place to be in.
The article despite the source is very well wrote and accurate. One of the ladies has a very long and somewhat graphic account of her journey (no end in religious views) if anyone wants it I can figure out where it is again.
3 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat