Targets in Syria and Iraq

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Targets in Syria and Iraq

Post by Ernie »

The US carried out 30 minutes of bombing in Syria and Iraq today.
https://www.newscenter1.tv/news/iraq-an ... eac.html#1
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Re: Targets in Syria and Iraq

Post by Ernie »

Supposedly B1 bombers were flown non-stop from the US. Were there none closer to the mid-east or why fly from the US?
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Ernie wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:20 pm Supposedly B1 bombers were flown non-stop from the US. Were there none closer to the mid-east or why fly from the US?
I don't know what the answer is to that question. But the larger question is, are we entering WW III ?
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Ernie wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:20 pm Supposedly B1 bombers were flown non-stop from the US. Were there none closer to the mid-east or why fly from the US?
I don’t know what they targeted, but the payload was why. We definitely have closer weapon platforms but either they were being used for something else or it couldn’t carry the munitions they wanted to use.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Turkey and other places that host U.S. bases probably don’t want responsibility for an unjustified amount of bombing on other random countries.

(It must be an election season. This sort of thing always happens then.)
0 x
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

Grace wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:24 pm
I don't know what the answer is to that question. But the larger question is, are we entering WW III ?
I don’t think so yet. The situation could escalate of course, but right now the US strikes against Iranian-backed militias are part of the fallout over Gaza. The situation is dangerous, but this is still a regional conflict that hasn’t spilled over into something bigger yet.

Honestly, I think that there’s a bigger chance that Ukraine could become WWIII than Gaza. However, the Iranians ironically depend heavily on the Russians for military support and the Russians are currently preoccupied elsewhere.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Grace wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:24 pm .. are we entering WW III ?
The U.S. is ace at protracted “military conflicts,” i began learning as a young teen in the 60’s.
Ordinary people know it’s war, young men are sacrificed.

“Normal” politicians hate DJT. He was not good for their preferred goals. Unending military conflict. $$$$

Governments need healthy, strong, living bodies:

immigrants / Guide to the MAVNI Program
https://www.stilt.com/blog/2021/06/mavni-program/

With biden in office, i’ve learned to cringe at the word, “normal.” :(
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

temporal1 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:21 pm
The U.S. is ace at protracted “military conflicts,” i began learning as a young teen in the 60’s.

“Normal” politicians hate DJT. He was not good for their preferred goals. Unending military conflict. $$$$

Might be worth reading up on the military conflicts our last president ordered.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Soloist wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:36 pm
temporal1 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:21 pm

you know more than i.
when he went into office, i was fully expecting N Korea would hit the U.S. West Coast, with no limits as to what that would begin.

it was not a flawless 4 years. but as close to 180 (from predictions) as i can imagine.
with biden, another 180 (sorry to say). he has a year left. time to add loads more military action.

maybe a thread on predicting, recording what new military actions will come up in the next year? who-what-when-where?
there’s plenty simmering on the back burner. domestic+foreign.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

The last president believed in peace through strength. He did some shifting in the military in the Middle East, like sending 2,000 troops to Saudi Arabia to help them defend against Iran or the Houthis. Look what we have now, Iran has been enriched due to Biden's changes and the Houthis have no fear. Since the moment Biden took office, he turned his head to the sanctions that our nation had prior. The Iranian ghost armada has grown from 60 ships to 300 ships, taking Iranian or Russian oil, and selling it to China, now to the tune of a billion dollars a week. So Biden allowed Iran to make a billion dollars a week now to fund terrorists

Biden's administration is one of weakness, appeasement, emboldening countries like Russia, and empowering Iran.

Trump, on the other hand, was big mouthed, crazy and unpredictable, something the nation's enemies feared.
0 x