City Light Christian Fellowship

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
MichaelPA
Affiliation: Christian

City Light Christian Fellowship

Post by MichaelPA »

What denomination is City Light Christian Fellowship in Waynesboro, PA?
0 x
MichaelPA

Re: City Light Christian Fellowship

Post by MichaelPA »

City Light Fellowship has a website, but it doesn't have much on it yet. In the group picture on the website, they look like Beachy Amish, but some of the men don't have beards. Some of the women are wearing prints, so that doesn't seem to be like Beachy Amish.
0 x
Biblical Anabaptist
Affiliation: Unaffiliated Menno

Post by Biblical Anabaptist »

MichaelPA wrote:What denomination is City Light Christian Fellowship in Waynesboro, PA?
Most of the folks are from Mennonite background. The congregations relates to but is not officially affiliated with Shippensburg fellowship. The original group came from the Washington Co group.
0 x
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

0 x
MichaelPA

Post by MichaelPA »

Biblical Anabaptist wrote:
MichaelPA wrote:What denomination is City Light Christian Fellowship in Waynesboro, PA?
Most of the folks are from Mennonite background. The congregations relates to but is not officially affiliated with Shippensburg fellowship. The original group came from the Washington Co group.
Thanks! Do you know if Peter Hoover is now affiliated with this group?
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Yes, Hoover along with his wife moved there from Tasmania a few months ago, permanently.

Based on two different people I know of who switched from a Remnant/Charity type of church to City Light, I am fairly impressed with them so far.
0 x
Frodo
Affiliation: Inter.Conserv.Menn.

Post by Frodo »

Josh wrote:Yes, Hoover along with his wife moved there from Tasmania a few months ago, permanently.

Based on two different people I know of who switched from a Remnant/Charity type of church to City Light, I am fairly impressed with them so far.
How would these people differ from a Remnant/Charity type of church? Just from looking at the picture I would have thought they were in the Remnant/ Charity category.
0 x
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

I haven't seen Peter in years, but am looking forward to him speaking at our church in a couple of weeks and making a reaquaintance.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Biblical Anabaptist

MichaelPA wrote:
Peter Hoover is an uncle to the pastor and attends there. He lives about two blocks from the meeting house.
0 x
Biblical Anabaptist

MichaelPA wrote:
Peter Hoover is an uncle to the pastor and attends there. He lives about two blocks from the meeting house.
0 x