Russia Invades Ukraine 2022

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Re: Russia Invades Ukraine 2022

Post by Szdfan »

Soloist wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:36 am
Szdfan wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:06 am According to this interview with the NPR Pentagon correspondent, the Pentagon believes that neither side can win the war --
Russia can't take the whole country over, and Ukraine can't kick out every Russian soldier. So the only way this is really going to end is if Putin decides, I've had enough. I'm pulling my troops out. No one thinks that it's possible.
In a lot of ways, the war is in the worst-case scenario -- a stalemate that neither side at this moment can definitively win. The Russian strategy (which has lost 90% of the troops it had at the beginning of the war -- they've had to use a draft and recruit from prisons to fill those positions) is to wait out support from the West no matter what it costs them. As support for Ukraine begins to drop in the US, it's a strategy that might be successful.
Russia at the very least is waiting on our election. Depending on who gets elected might change if they push or dig in further.
That's part of the calculus, even though the election is almost a year away.

One of the theories I've encountered is that they are pushing in right now to signal to the West that support for Ukraine is hopeless as Zelenskyy visits DC. This morning, there was a missile strike against Kiev that injured 45 people and the Kremlin claimed that it's advancing on the village of Novopokrovka in southern Ukraine.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Szdfan wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:09 am That's part of the calculus, even though the election is almost a year away.

One of the theories I've encountered is that they are pushing in right now to signal to the West that support for Ukraine is hopeless as Zelenskyy visits DC. This morning, there was a missile strike against Kiev that injured 45 people and the Kremlin claimed that it's advancing on the village of Novopokrovka in southern Ukraine.
They would have almost been better to not do anything other then hold and fade from attention.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Ken wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:54 pm Why this war isn't ending any time soon. Not only does Russia not want a ceasefire or truce. This is what the Russian people see every night on state TV (which is the only TV)

1:53 "We have to kill them, but not out of hatred. We should kill them out of love."
and,
2:47 " Only surgery will work there. The only response to these statements by the Nazis is a Solntsepyok (heavy thermobaric rocket launcher). It has to be burned out. Some will say, 'Oy, this is not a Christian method!' This way is quite Christian. Like the apostle, who personally slit the throats of 300 prophets of Baal! This is how we should deal with these too! Destroy them without any doubt!
and,
4:54 "The first plague was the rivers of blood. Don't we see the rivers of blood? Here they are, the rivers of blood. What was another plague? Thunder, lighting and hail (grad, in Russian). I have a feeling it was written about our Grad (rocket launcher). A Grad will destroy all the people and animals, and the fields with their crops. I don't recall it verbatim. What other plague was there? The plague of darkness, the Egyptian darkness, when Egypt was immersed into darkness for 3 days. But the Israelis had light in their homes, the Bible says. Don't we see darkness over there on a regular basis? Whenever our missiles are flying, whenever we are practicing's our strikes of vengeance, Ukraine is immersed in darkness."
and,
6:59 "When a doctor is deworming a cat, for the doctor, it's a special operation, for the worms - it's a war, and for the cat, it's a cleansing."
and,
9:40 "God is with us. We'll either win, or humanity will cease to exist. Because the Lord won't stand for the triumph of warriors of the Antichrist. We are the Lord's weapon, his avenging right hand."
0 x
Szdfan

Post by Szdfan »

Soloist wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:13 am
Szdfan wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:09 am That's part of the calculus, even though the election is almost a year away.

They would have almost been better to not do anything other then hold and fade from attention.
Everything that happens at these levels is calculated. I'm sure there is some sort of logic to what the Russians are doing, even though I don't understand it.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Szdfan

Post by Szdfan »

RZehr wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:34 pm
Ken wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:54 pm Why this war isn't ending any time soon. Not only does Russia not want a ceasefire or truce. This is what the Russian people see every night on state TV (which is the only TV)

1:53 "We have to kill them, but not out of hatred. We should kill them out of love."
and,
2:47 " Only surgery will work there. The only response to these statements by the Nazis is a Solntsepyok (heavy thermobaric rocket launcher). It has to be burned out. Some will say, 'Oy, this is not a Christian method!' This way is quite Christian. Like the apostle, who personally slit the throats of 300 prophets of Baal! This is how we should deal with these too! Destroy them without any doubt!
and,
4:54 "The first plague was the rivers of blood. Don't we see the rivers of blood? Here they are, the rivers of blood. What was another plague? Thunder, lighting and hail (grad, in Russian). I have a feeling it was written about our Grad (rocket launcher). A Grad will destroy all the people and animals, and the fields with their crops. I don't recall it verbatim. What other plague was there? The plague of darkness, the Egyptian darkness, when Egypt was immersed into darkness for 3 days. But the Israelis had light in their homes, the Bible says. Don't we see darkness over there on a regular basis? Whenever our missiles are flying, whenever we are practicing's our strikes of vengeance, Ukraine is immersed in darkness."
and,
6:59 "When a doctor is deworming a cat, for the doctor, it's a special operation, for the worms - it's a war, and for the cat, it's a cleansing."
and,
9:40 "God is with us. We'll either win, or humanity will cease to exist. Because the Lord won't stand for the triumph of warriors of the Antichrist. We are the Lord's weapon, his avenging right hand."
Russian propaganda is being investigated by a UN committee as possible "incitement to genocide."
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Neto, you might not want to view.
This is a harrowing account, with photographs.

UKRAINE MENNONITES

Daine / (18+) The Eichenfeld Massacre (1919) When 136 Mennonites Perished | Revolution and the Local Element / 26min
✏️ Description:
On November 8, 1919, terror struck at the heart of the Yasykovo Mennonite Colony.
Within hours, 84 Eichenfeld Mennonites had been killed. And in the following days, the toll rose to 136 murdered Mennonites.

Who were the victims of the massacre?
Who are the perpetrators responsible for the massacre?
Why did the perpetrators commit this atrocity against the innocent Mennonites?
How did the massacre unfold?

This video explains everything!!
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

P.3 / Trump and Russia:
Grace wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:59 pm
And yet, the Biden Administration worked hard to get aid to Ukraine, and also to bring NATO and the European Union together.
Did you ever hear the phrase "one hand washes the other".
Is the Ukraine aid a pay off for silence from Zelensky on the Biden Family's corrupt connection to businesses in Ukraine?

It is interesting that Zelensky ordered all data regarding Metabiota along with the other companies involved between the Biden's & Ukraine be destroyed Feb 22, 2022.
What? :shock:
0 x

UNKNOWN
Szdfan

Post by Szdfan »

temporal1 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:20 pm P.3 / Trump and Russia:
Grace wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:59 pm
And yet, the Biden Administration worked hard to get aid to Ukraine, and also to bring NATO and the European Union together.
Did you ever hear the phrase "one hand washes the other".
Is the Ukraine aid a pay off for silence from Zelensky on the Biden Family's corrupt connection to businesses in Ukraine?

It is interesting that Zelensky ordered all data regarding Metabiota along with the other companies involved between the Biden's & Ukraine be destroyed Feb 22, 2022.
What? :shock:
It's not true. The order shown on social media was a fabrication.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-zel ... en-1779202
Crucially, however, the letter now being shared on social media with the "Decree of the President of Ukraine" ordering the destruction of documents is completely bogus.

The independent Russian news site The Insider pointed out that the letter—which it said had previously appeared on Russian social media—contained a number of mistakes that indicated the text was not written in Ukrainian, including naming conventions, formatting errors, and incorrect references.

This includes a number of phrases and expressions which, The Insider reported, indicate the document was translated from Russian to Ukrainian.
2 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

FEB 2024 / TUCKER CARLSON INTERVIEWS PUTIN

Page 10 / Tucker Carlson Departs Fox .. / Politics
viewtopic.php?t=5664&start=90

^^Many valid questions are raised due to this visit, many have been discussed in this topic, from P.1. Feb 24, 2022. :shock:

2 years of this; on the horizon, calls are for MORE !!!

THE MATH:
Peace is not profitable.
Protracted military conflicts / war, are profitable.

- - -

2019 / ABC / What to know about Volodymyr Zelenskiy, the comedian-turned president of Ukraine
Volodymyr Zelenskiy leads polls ahead of the first-round vote on Sunday.
https://abcnews.go.com/International/co ... d=62038641

2022 / Forbes Middle East / President Zelensky Is Not A Billionaire. So How Much Is He Worth?
https://www.forbesmiddleeast.com/leader ... s-he-worth
Not a billionaire? Merely a multi-millionaire?
0 x

UNKNOWN
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

temporal1 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:20 pm Neto, you might not want to view.
This is a harrowing account, with photographs.

UKRAINE MENNONITES

Daine / (18+) The Eichenfeld Massacre (1919) When 136 Mennonites Perished | Revolution and the Local Element / 26min
✏️ Description:
On November 8, 1919, terror struck at the heart of the Yasykovo Mennonite Colony.
Within hours, 84 Eichenfeld Mennonites had been killed. And in the following days, the toll rose to 136 murdered Mennonites.

Who were the victims of the massacre?
Who are the perpetrators responsible for the massacre?
Why did the perpetrators commit this atrocity against the innocent Mennonites?
How did the massacre unfold?

This video explains everything!!
I do not recall if I've seen this exact video, but I have several books (mostly downloads) about Makhno. This video shows (at the beginning) one book by Sean David Patterson. I also have one he titled The Makhnos of Memory. There are lots of opinions about how much he was actually directly involved in this and other massacres. He lead a band of wild men, many of whom were already murderers before the revolution. This type of thing attracts that kind of people. So there are questions about how well he could actually control their actions. (Just look at King David.) If I am recalling which book I'm remembering correctly, in the book The Makhnos of Memory the author basically discredits the first-hand eye-witness accounts of the Mennonites, and instead believes the versions told by supporters of Makhno, or of anarchism in general. Just like with other historical events, there exists various "revisionist histories" of that time. (I obviously wasn't there, and none of my family was either - they had all left Russia before Nestor was born. So I have not heard any accounts in person. Had they been there, all of my grandparents would have been old enough to have witnessed this, the oldest one being around 26.)

I do also have a copy of the 12 episode TV series about Nestor Makhno that ran on Russian television. (I don't know when it was filmed, but I downloaded it and the English sub-titling around 3 1/2 years ago. I assume it ran quite a few years before that, but after the fall of the USSR.)

I'll watch it later, but for now will just say that it was the actions of groups like this that lead some Mennonite men to form "self-defense militias". Although it was confusing as to who was representing the government to which a Christian should submit, they did not fight against the Reds, or the Whites (The two main factions/armies fighting for control of the former Russian Empire).
1 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.