What if DJT Gets Impeached?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
ohio jones

Re: Good things about the Trump presidency

Post by ohio jones »

barnhart wrote:
temporal1 wrote: ...my presumption was based on what i thought was this forum’s general view of VP Pence...

...fresh in my mind was one recent post from ohio jones, which, i believe received 4 likes, no additional response.
Page 4 / Poll: Impeachment
http://forum.mennonet.com/viewtopic.php ... nce#p70298
ohio jones wrote:My preferred prognostication is that he is reelected; in February 2021 they find a pyretic pistol (that's alliterative for smoking gun), promptly impeach and depose, and proceed peacefully to 12 years of President Pence.
oj is an Conservative Anabaptist leader in my world. :)
I wouldn't want to take anything away from the illustrious Mr. Jones, but he does occasionally speak with his tongue in his cheek. I would suggest the historic Anabaptist view of government has been it is a force used by God, but neither a reliable ally nor consistent enemy. The best analogy I can think of in the moment is the Weather, under God's direction, for his purpose, fearful and dangerous, unpredictable, favorable at times but never a reliable ally, nor consistent enemy.
To slightly extract the gustatory organ from the buccal cavity, allow me to clarify the prognostication.
:arrow: Is this what I want to happen? It seems like one of the better possibilities; perhaps not the best, but certainly far from the worst.
:arrow: Is this what I think will happen? It seems rather unlikely.
0 x
Valerie

What if DJT Gets Impeached?

Post by Valerie »

So if the worse thing happens and POTUS gets impeached-

VP Pence becomes President.

Thoughts?
0 x
RZehr

Re: What if DJT Gets Impeached?

Post by RZehr »

Pence doesn’t win the 2020 election.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

0 x
Neto

Post by Neto »

Then they impeach Pence, and Pelosi becomes the President. But my King will still be Jesus. I know that there is a growing number of "Not my Kingers", but they'll never succeed in impeaching Jesus.
0 x
mike

Post by mike »

The War on Pence starts.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

RZehr wrote:Pence doesn’t win the 2020 election.
Not sure.
It was a sure thing DJT would not win.
It’s a different world now.
A lot of people (even Dems) are doing better than they imagined they would be .. the way things were going. Conservatives may feel more hopeful about courts rulings ..

i mean. who knows? :?

i suppose the Electoral College would be the place to think about.
otherwise, the hyperfocused DNC propaganda mill has run wild throughout the land.
mike wrote:The War on Pence starts.
It would “get real” at that point, that’s for sure.

o.and. the war on the Electoral College would rage.
0 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Agreed.

Clinton was impeached, but not removed from office. Even if Trump is impeached in the Democrat-controlled House of Representatives, a two-thirds vote in the Senate is required to convict someone on articles of impeachment, and the Republicans hold 53 of the 100 seats in that house. This means 20 Senate Republicans would have to vote against the president.

If Trump is removed from office, there’s still the possibility, (but unlikely) that he could run again for president in 2020. That’s because the Senate’s vote to remove someone from office is separate from their vote to bar someone from run for public office again.

If Trump is removed from office, Mike Pence will become president. If Mike Pence becomes president the Democrats will wage war against Pence with a vengeance, just like they are doing to Trump. The Democrats have a abhorrence and visceral hatred for anyone who promotes pro-life, pro-Christianity, pro-Israel, etc.

I listened to a better part of the impeachment inquiry today and felt bad for the witness, Ambassador Sondland. He was the Democrats and the liberal media’s hero, when he firmly purported that there was a Quid pro Quo, in his opening statements. However their tune changed when he said, “President Trump never told me directly that the aid was conditioned on the investigations.” — Sondland then claimed he came to that conclusion on his own.

Then it appeared like they disdained him. At one point the Dem. Rep. Maloney became angry with Sondland and was trying very heard to get him to say something, that would benefit the Democrats, but Sondland refused.
0 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

If DJT gets impeached and removed from office, I think we get President Pence, and how Pence would do in an election depends a lot on (1) who the Democrats choose and (2) whether Pence was significantly involved in whatever got DJT impeached.
If he was significantly involved in an impeachable offense that got DJT impeached, and Pence becomes president after the upcoming election, yes. But I do think that Americans are tired of all of this, it would take time to remove DJT from office even if it happens, and there's not that much time before the next election.
0 x
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

So far I'm staying with my initial prediction, the house will impeach but the senate will not remove him from office. In the end I don't think it will amount to much, except both parties will have fresher grievances to take into the elections.
0 x