Gas Grilling?

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Re: Gas Grilling?

Post by JimFoxvog »

steve-in-kville wrote:I never used one before. My son bought me one as an early Father's Day gift. Anything I need to know before I singe my facial hair off?
Exchange it for a charcoal grill, and then use wood as fuel. Tastes so much better!
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Return it and use the oven in the house. We have advanced to indoor fireless kitchens. No mess no fuss. Embrace and love it.
Last edited by RZehr on Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

We use a gas Weber Q, and the porcelain-enameled cast iron grate is what makes it really nice to grill on. It spreads out the heat more consistently than the typical steel wire grates on gas grills. The rounded shape of the lid is also more efficient with heat than other gas grills. Charcoal and wood are great, but gas is pretty convenient. We have a couple of smokers but it takes awhile to rustle up something good in a smoker.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

JimFoxvog wrote:
steve-in-kville wrote:I never used one before. My son bought me one as an early Father's Day gift. Anything I need to know before I singe my facial hair off?
Exchange it for a charcoal grill, and then use wood as fuel. Tastes so much better!
It was a gift, so I'm keeping it. And I'm doing things with cast iron I never knew was possible.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
My *almost* daily blog: https://milepost81.com/blog/
For railfans: https://milepost81.com/home/random-railfan-posts/
ragpicker
Affiliation: Mennobapticostal

Post by ragpicker »

mike wrote:We use a gas Weber Q, and the porcelain-enameled cast iron grate is what makes it really nice to grill on. It spreads out the heat more consistently than the typical steel wire grates on gas grills. The rounded shape of the lid is also more efficient with heat than other gas grills. Charcoal and wood are great, but gas is pretty convenient. We have a couple of smokers but it takes awhile to rustle up something good in a smoker.
Those Q's are pretty sweet!
0 x
Embrace the lonely road.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I can't resist this any longer... "clean-burning propane" lets you "taste the meat, not the heat".
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

ragpicker wrote:
mike wrote:We use a gas Weber Q, and the porcelain-enameled cast iron grate is what makes it really nice to grill on. It spreads out the heat more consistently than the typical steel wire grates on gas grills. The rounded shape of the lid is also more efficient with heat than other gas grills. Charcoal and wood are great, but gas is pretty convenient. We have a couple of smokers but it takes awhile to rustle up something good in a smoker.
I didn't know they came in flavors. :lol:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
ragpicker
Affiliation: Mennobapticostal

Post by ragpicker »

MaxPC wrote:
ragpicker wrote:
I didn't know they came in flavors. :lol:
https://www.weber.com/lp-assets/uploads ... Lids-1.jpg
0 x
Embrace the lonely road.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Let’s see, orange grape, licorice, raspberry, lime and blueberry?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Haystack
Affiliation: Christian

Post by Haystack »

Josh wrote:I can't resist this any longer... "clean-burning propane" lets you "taste the meat, not the heat".
"I sell propane and propane accessories".
0 x