The Young Catholic Women Bringing Back Veils

General Christian Theology
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

Here is some history and a movement that I did not know about.

https://www.thefp.com/p/the-young-catho ... n-bringing
0 x
RZehr

Re: The Young Catholic Women Bringing Back Veils

Post by RZehr »

This is great.
0 x
HondurasKeiser

Post by HondurasKeiser »

This essay put my wife over the edge so-to-speak…she wants to start covering but is still unsure what style she wants to use. She’s not a fan of the old Lancaster Conference style.
0 x
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

There is a general fashion trend toward modesty and traditional femininity. My wife and daughters reported it is increasingly easy to buy things like reasonably long skirts and dresses without plunging necklines. Maybe these trends are related.
0 x
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

HondurasKeiser wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:36 am This essay put my wife over the edge so-to-speak…she wants to start covering but is still unsure what style she wants to use. She’s not a fan of the old Lancaster Conference style.
Did she read it because of the post on MN today? Or had she seen it before? Glad she is taking the plunge! :-)
0 x
HondurasKeiser

Post by HondurasKeiser »

Ernie wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 1:16 pm
HondurasKeiser wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:36 am This essay put my wife over the edge so-to-speak…she wants to start covering but is still unsure what style she wants to use. She’s not a fan of the old Lancaster Conference style.
Did she read it because of the post on MN today? Or had she seen it before? Glad she is taking the plunge! :-)
We've been back and forth about it for about a year and I saw this essay almost a week ago and sent it to her.
0 x
Judas Maccabeus

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

She might want to take a peek at how the gals in KMF are covering. A majority no longer wear the “old” Lapp style. (My wife still does)
0 x
HondurasKeiser

Post by HondurasKeiser »

Judas Maccabeus wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 9:12 pm
She might want to take a peek at how the gals in KMF are covering. A majority no longer wear the “old” Lapp style. (My wife still does)
We live a continent away from any KMF congregation but when we go to my parents’ at Christmas we can drop in on one for a visit.
0 x
steve-in-kville

Post by steve-in-kville »

https://www.garlandsofgrace.com/

My wife and daughter switch to these a few years ago.
0 x
Heirbyadoption

Post by Heirbyadoption »

steve-in-kville wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 12:40 pm
HondurasKeiser wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:36 amThis essay put my wife over the edge so-to-speak…she wants to start covering but is still unsure what style she wants to use. She’s not a fan of the old Lancaster Conference style.
https://www.garlandsofgrace.com/ My wife and daughter switch to these a few years ago.
Specifically to the headband-ish style with hair uncovered in back, or just to coverings from that site?
0 x