Victory for Religious Freedom

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: Victory for Religious Freedom

Post by ohio jones »

That is not an example of what we are talking about.
Again, we are talking about...
Instead of controlling the conversation by defining what "we" are talking about, let's let people talk about what they want to talk about. That would be a victory for discussion freedom.
2 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Outsider
Affiliation: Church of Christ

Post by Outsider »

Ken wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:12 pm
Outsider wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:44 pm You're wrong. The unhinged people were equating dissent to death threats, and that's what the article says.
"We wanted to write to you directly to address this matter. On behalf of NSBA, we regret and apologize for the letter," the organization wrote, noting that"there was no justification for some of the language included in the letter."
not the actual letter which you can find here and concerned entirely about violence and threats of violence: https://web.archive.org/web/20210930100 ... -92921.pdf
And that would be the letter they issued an apology for, wouldn't it?

One of the "threats" included was "loss of pension funds"! How very terroristic to threaten their positions and security! If anyone had actually issued any terroristic threats, they would have been prosecuted. The Federales would never have missed the propaganda coup.
0 x
1 Peter 4:11
If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God;

Hebrews 1:14
Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Outsider wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:03 pm .. you've ignored the elephant in the room:
the fact the the coercive power is being used by the godless to program the kids their way.
By God’s design, humans mature so slowly. He gives so much time to try to do a godly job of raising His miracles of life. Each one is a unique miracle of life.
Outsider wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:02 pm
temporal1 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:53 am Christians should smile.
Prayers ARE powerful. They won’t go unheard. They won’t miss their mark.
They are more powerful than any human-crafted weapon.
Amen.
something to remember in these times of multiple hot wars and chilling threats

US Air Force releases first in-flight photos of B-21 Raider, newest nuclear stealth bomber
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 817630007/
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN