Affiliation: non-denominational

Amish World's Healthiest Children

Post by Valerie »

0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: Amish World's Healthiest Children

Post by Soloist »

Nope. I’d fully expect them to say those things even though they are not true.

Having had an unvaccinated autistic son, I’m not speaking out of ignorance and I’m very well read on vaccines and autism.
You should know I have a strong stance against many vaccines but not all of them. Of course it has zero to do with autism.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

That's not an actual study. That's just more anti-vax nonsense from this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Kirsch

And they didn't do any sort of study. They just made stuff up. These are the same folks that were talking about how vaccines caused people to be magnetized. Had they actually done a study they would have found that COVID death rates in areas with high Amish populations were actually higher than national averages, not lower.
1 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Soloist wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:46 pm Nope. I’d fully expect them to say those things even though they are not true.

Having had an unvaccinated autistic son, I’m not speaking out of ignorance and I’m very well read on vaccines and autism.
You should know I have a strong stance against many vaccines but not all of them. Of course it has zero to do with autism.
I don't know very much about autism, but I do remember a mother of an autistic son blaming it on vaccines. I've been hearing this quite awhile. Not sure where the idea of that connection originated but it's been quite awhile. I found it interesting we had 3 autistic young men where I work- they're all amazing in their own ways- and talk about it freely (except one of them) and they talk about the spectrum- I have yet to meet a female with autism, at least that I was aware of.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

The author should consider there might be some other factor leading to the generally good health and better outcomes Amish children have vs their non-Amish neighbours.

There other populations who are unvaccinated who don't overall match the strong health profile found in Amish communities.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:48 pm The author should consider there might be some other factor leading to the generally good health and better outcomes Amish children have vs their non-Amish neighbours.

There other populations who are unvaccinated who don't overall match the strong health profile found in Amish communities.
I would expect it to be true the Amish children are generally more healthy than the median. But that would be due to diet and lifestyle, not childhood vaccination status.

Excepting perhaps for recessive genetic diseases that are more common in Amish communities.

But this wasn't an actual study, just an opinion piece by a group that has no credibility.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Looking back, who do you trust?
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I don't trust that website very much.

And I say this as someone who, generally speaking, avoids vaccines for religious reasons.
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Josh wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:42 pm I don't trust that website very much.

And I say this as someone who, generally speaking, avoids vaccines for religious reasons.
It was passed on to me, I honestly believe it over Fauci.
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Ken wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:01 pm That's not an actual study. That's just more anti-vax nonsense from this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Kirsch

And they didn't do any sort of study. They just made stuff up. These are the same folks that were talking about how vaccines caused people to be magnetized. Had they actually done a study they would have found that COVID death rates in areas with high Amish populations were actually higher than national averages, not lower.
Do you have a link to that study that death rates among Amish were higher?

https://kirschsubstack.com/p/my-bio

https://spectrum.ieee.org/optical-mouse ... -found-one

That man is busy!!
0 x