War in Gaza

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Re: War in Gaza

Post by Valerie »

Josh wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:49 am
Valerie wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:53 pm I believe the Jews are going to defend themselves and my reference to Revelations is the fact that God has allowed war. I'm not sure what Israel is supposed to do to keep from succumbing to the threats of being wiped off the face of the earth.
Jesus told them exactly what to do: lay down arms and follow him instead, and he offered eternal life.
We're 2000 years from Jesus speaking to the Jews. The ones we are speaking of now, do not read the new testament. Christians don't even agree on the interpretations regarding serving in the military or defending ones country, we know this,- I know Baptists definitely do disagree with the interpretation of loving your enemies meaning your personal enemies and not to apply it to defending your country as a way of protecting- and since Scripture points to much God guiding wars & battles you will never sre Jews seeing it like Anabaptists.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Valerie wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:07 am I won't speak for God on this. I'm simply conveying the way Jews throughout their history see their position as well as how God told them in their past to kill every man woman and child in aces where He was giving them ability to conquer. Since they have become a nation again there were miraculous reports during their wars. I believe they would see that as Providential. I'm pretty sure God is not in favor of terrorism nor the spread of Islam, nor the annihilation of the Jews- true Jews that are not messianic are certainly not Christ followers, but the world in general see them as God's people, not Islamic or pagan. I realize how Christians view all this although not all agree on all things Israel, prophetically speaking.
Are you aware the current Prime Minister, Netanyahu, is secular?
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

Valerie wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:13 amyou will never sre Jews seeing it like Anabaptists.
Actually, I met a convert to Anabaptism once who is from an Orthodox Jewish background, so it is entirely possible for a Jewish person to repent and accept and obey the full gospel and follow Jesus. Just like it is anyone else.

It doesn't matter if one is Jewish, Turkish, Chinese, Russian - war, killing people, and invading your neighbours is wrong. Jesus called us to a better path.
1 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Josh wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:23 am
Valerie wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:13 amyou will never sre Jews seeing it like Anabaptists.
Actually, I met a convert to Anabaptism once who is from an Orthodox Jewish background, so it is entirely possible for a Jewish person to repent and accept and obey the full gospel and follow Jesus. Just like it is anyone else.

It doesn't matter if one is Jewish, Turkish, Chinese, Russian - war, killing people, and invading your neighbours is wrong. Jesus called us to a better path.
Well I have met Messianic Jews in many sects of Christianity, and also the co-founder of "Jews for Jesus" who became an Orthodox Christian, than priest. He believes the Full Gospel but interprets differently than Anabaptists, who are not infallible at interpretations.
Last edited by Valerie on Tue May 21, 2024 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Josh wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:22 am
Valerie wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:07 am I won't speak for God on this. I'm simply conveying the way Jews throughout their history see their position as well as how God told them in their past to kill every man woman and child in aces where He was giving them ability to conquer. Since they have become a nation again there were miraculous reports during their wars. I believe they would see that as Providential. I'm pretty sure God is not in favor of terrorism nor the spread of Islam, nor the annihilation of the Jews- true Jews that are not messianic are certainly not Christ followers, but the world in general see them as God's people, not Islamic or pagan. I realize how Christians view all this although not all agree on all things Israel, prophetically speaking.
Won't change any part of the war on terror
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

Valerie wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:45 am
What he is doing has absolutely nothing to do with anything God said in the Old Testament, is what I'm trying to say here.

He does not have some mandate from God to around bombing Christian churches, either, which is what he has been doing.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

Valerie wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:44 am Well I have met Messianic Jews in many sects of Christianity, and also the co-founder of "Jews for Jesus" who became an Orthodox Christian, than priest. He believes the Full Gospel but interprets differently than Anabaptists, who are not infallible at interpretations.
People are either Christians, or they are not. In Christ, there is neither Jew nor Greek, male nor female.

Of course, there are a lot of denominations. The ones that believe that it's OK for a Christian to pick up a gun and kill people are wrong. Anabaptists are right about this.
1 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Josh wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:19 am
Valerie wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:45 am

What he is doing has absolutely nothing to do with anything God said in the Old Testament, is what I'm trying to say here.

He does not have some mandate from God to around bombing Christian churches, either, which is what he has been doing.
I think you would benefit from people who have been speaking for Israel too and I'm sure he's not the only one in Israel running this war on terror. Shame on Hamas for putting innocent people in harms way.
Last edited by Valerie on Tue May 21, 2024 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Josh wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:20 am
Valerie wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:44 am Well I have met Messianic Jews in many sects of Christianity, and also the co-founder of "Jews for Jesus" who became an Orthodox Christian, than priest. He believes the Full Gospel but interprets differently than Anabaptists, who are not infallible at interpretations.
People are either Christians, or they are not. In Christ, there is neither Jew nor Greek, male nor female.

Of course, there are a lot of denominations. The ones that believe that it's OK for a Christian to pick up a gun and kill people are wrong. Anabaptists are right about this.
I would not expect an Anabaptist to see it any other way, nor do I criticize God for commanding killing- nor will I criticize Jesus and His army for the killing that will take place against evil doers. The greater good
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Clement of Alexandra, (150-215) a teacher in the early Church wrote a few things about Christian dress- quite strict ,& plain did he teach!

Regarding shoes, he said "Women should for the most part wear shoes. For it is not suitable for the foot to be shown naked. Besides, woman is a tender thing, easily hurt. But for a man, bare feet are quite in keeping, except when he is on military service."

It has been a accepted through the church age that Christian men might serve-
At any rate Jews won't agree, John the Baptist gave soldiers their requirements- whether Netanyahu is secular or not, he believes Jews have a right to this war to not be wiped off the face of the earth-
0 x