Hunter Biden Plea Deal

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: Hunter Biden Plea Deal

Post by Ken »

Bootstrap wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:30 pm But let's not defend either Donald Trump or Hunter Biden here.
Only one of them is a public figure running for president.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Many of Hunter Biden's deals are now implicating President Biden.
1 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Robert wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:09 pm Many of Hunter Biden's deals are now implicating President Biden.
There is a lot of inuendo to be sure. The mud is flying fast and furious.

But I have not seen one single instance where anyone has even come close to making a single actual specific accusation of wrongdoing on the part of Joe Biden. Not a single one. As in:

"On X-date Joe Biden did Y-specific thing which is against the law because of Z-statute."

But maybe I missed something.

Not to mention none of it has anything to do with his time in office as president. Every single other impeachment and impeachment inquiry from Andrew Johnson to Watergate to Clinton to Trump involved high crimes and misdemeanors committed while serving in the office of the presidency. Not stuff from a decade prior.
1 x
GaryK
Affiliation: Unaffiliated

Post by GaryK »

Special counsel David Weiss leveled a nine-count indictment against Hunter Biden late Thursday, accusing President Joe Biden's son of failing to pay $1.4 million in taxes from 2016 to 2020.

The charges, which carry a penalty of up to 17 years in prison, include six misdemeanor charges and three felonies, including alleged tax evasion and filing a false return.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/special ... =105481435

I really wonder what changed.

Going from a plea deal that would have had very few consequences for Hunter to charging him with felony gun charges and now felony tax charges that could end up sending him to prison for 17 years, raises a lot of questions in my mind.
1 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

GaryK wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:38 am
Special counsel David Weiss leveled a nine-count indictment against Hunter Biden late Thursday, accusing President Joe Biden's son of failing to pay $1.4 million in taxes from 2016 to 2020.

The charges, which carry a penalty of up to 17 years in prison, include six misdemeanor charges and three felonies, including alleged tax evasion and filing a false return.

Going from a plea deal that would have had very few consequences for Hunter to charging him with felony gun charges and now felony tax charges that could end up sending him to prison for 17 years, raises a lot of questions in my mind.
The election’s less than a year away.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

GaryK wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:38 am

Political pressure no doubt.

Clearly NEITHER Hunter Biden nor Donald Trump are fit for the presidency and both of their legal troubles should be disqualifying.
2 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Ken wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:07 am
Robert wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:09 pm Many of Hunter Biden's deals are now implicating President Biden.
There is a lot of inuendo to be sure. The mud is flying fast and furious.

But I have not seen one single instance where anyone has even come close to making a single actual specific accusation of wrongdoing on the part of Joe Biden. Not a single one. As in:

"On X-date Joe Biden did Y-specific thing which is against the law because of Z-statute."

But maybe I missed something.

Not to mention none of it has anything to do with his time in office as president. Every single other impeachment and impeachment inquiry from Andrew Johnson to Watergate to Clinton to Trump involved high crimes and misdemeanors committed while serving in the office of the presidency. Not stuff from a decade prior.
I'd like to hear people explain the level of proof we should apply to Donald Trump and Joe Biden, in the same way. Fairness and justice start there.

If there's enough evidence to warrant an impeachment hearing or a trial, by all means. Then, over time, we find out what evidence is actually there. If the evidence falls apart, that tells us something. If it is solid, that tells us something else. For both Trump and Biden. Regardless how any of us feels about either of them.

So far, Hunter Biden and Donald Trump have both been charged with serious crimes. There seems to be plenty of evidence to warrant trials, in both cases.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

.. legal troubles should be disqualifying. ..
Congress, politicians, would be in constant havoc if “legal troubles” were to become disqualifying. They’re all keenly aware, one day, laws just might be pointed back in their direction.

Thus, no matter the dramatic public swagger of accusations, they all make sure there’s plenty of sway for sliding-by.

Example: remember the slush fund scandal?! (they resolved that matter lickety-split.) speedy+quiet.

2018 / NPR / Congress To Make Members Pay Out Of Pocket For Sexual Harassment Settlements
https://www.npr.org/2018/12/12/67620925 ... ettlements

No matter party label, these skunks are all human, every one.

ISAIAH 64:6 / filthy rags
https://biblehub.com/isaiah/64-6.htm
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Ken

Post by Ken »

temporal1 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:30 pm
.. legal troubles should be disqualifying. ..
Congress, politicians, would be in constant havoc if “legal troubles” were to become disqualifying. They’re all keenly aware, one day, laws just might be pointed back in their direction.

Thus, no matter the dramatic public swagger of accusations, they all make sure there’s plenty of sway for sliding-by.

Example: remember the slush fund scandal?! (they resolved that matter lickety-split.) speedy+quiet.

2018 / NPR / Congress To Make Members Pay Out Of Pocket For Sexual Harassment Settlements
https://www.npr.org/2018/12/12/67620925 ... ettlements

No matter party label, these skunks are all human, every one.

ISAIAH 64:6 / filthy rags
https://biblehub.com/isaiah/64-6.htm
Legal troubles are actual INDICTMENTS. You aren't actually in legal trouble until you get indicted.

Anything else is just gossip and innuendo.

So, for example, Donald Trump and congressman George Santos are both facing indictments and therefore, have legal troubles. Also Democratic Senator Bob Menendez from New Jersey. He is facing indictments and therefore has legal troubles. Hunter Biden is too, but he is a private citizen so not really a public concern one way or the other. No different from the millions or other ordinary Americans who have run afoul of the law.

Joe Biden is not facing any indictments and is not even facing any legitimate accusations of wrong-doing. So he doesn't have legal troubles, much as some on the right might wish that to be the case.
1 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Bootstrap wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:07 pm
I'd like to hear people explain the level of proof we should apply to Donald Trump and Joe Biden, in the same way. Fairness and justice start there.

If there's enough evidence to warrant an impeachment hearing or a trial, by all means. Then, over time, we find out what evidence is actually there. If the evidence falls apart, that tells us something. If it is solid, that tells us something else. For both Trump and Biden. Regardless how any of us feels about either of them.

So far, Hunter Biden and Donald Trump have both been charged with serious crimes. There seems to be plenty of evidence to warrant trials, in both cases.
This thread is about Hunter Biden, not Trump.
0 x