October 7th Hamas Attack - What doesn't add up.

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: October 7th Hamas Attack - What doesn't add up.

Post by Grace »

Ken wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:23 pm
mike wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:03 pm It's all fake it never happened but if it did Israel should not do what it is doing
What Israel is doing appears to be fake too.

For example, Israel apparently fake-bombed a hospital in Gaza that was fake destroyed when it turns out nothing of the sort happened.
It was the Israel hating terrorists and Palestinians, who made up the story that the hospital was bombed (when it was only the parking lot) followed with the fake story that 500 people were killed.

And Yet the liberal main stream media, CNN, MSNBC and others ran with the fake hospital bombing story.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... -fake-news

https://www.foxnews.com/media/media-egg ... skepticism
1 x
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

Grace wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:08 pm
mike wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:03 pm It's all fake it never happened but if it did Israel should not do what it is doing

For example, Israel apparently fake-bombed a hospital in Gaza that was fake destroyed when it turns out nothing of the sort happened.
It was the Israel hating terrorists and Palestinians, who made up the story that the hospital was bombed (when it was only the parking lot) followed with the fake story that 500 people were killed.

And Yet the liberal main stream media, CNN, MSNBC and others ran with the fake hospital bombing story.

The bad part of that story getting all around the world before the truth came out is that it was a perfect basis for the fomenting of more hatred of Jews and Israel, and it will undoubtedly will cost lives.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
NedFlanders
Affiliation: CA

Post by NedFlanders »

Why so disrespectful?

I could be wrong but maybe John is pointing to questioning whether the “powers that be” are telling us the truth.

The sarcasm from you CA’s is quite appalling and unChristlike.

Doesn’t it seem startlingly obvious that there are people who want war and they profit from it?! Isn’t it obvious that if tax payers are on board with picking sides that then the government can send unchecked, unaccountable billions of dollars of our earned taxes money over to whomever where moneys can be used for whatever they want?!

The disrespect just shows the naïveté to truth and a drastic lack of the bigger picture that John maybe trying to point to - even if he is not using always the best logical argument with often filling in gaps in reasoning with some far stretching ideas. None the least he comes at it much more respectfully than making fun when people are dying and you use flippant sarcasm - disgusting and shame on you!
0 x
Psalms 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Grace wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:08 pm

All the media actually. Fox News ran the same exact story too. As did other conservative outlets like the NY Post
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Heirbyadoption
Affiliation: Brethren

Post by Heirbyadoption »

NedFlanders wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:36 pm
mike wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:03 pmIt's all fake it never happened but if it did Israel should not do what it is doing
Why so disrespectful?
I could be wrong but maybe John is pointing to questioning whether the “powers that be” are telling us the truth.
Doesn’t it seem startlingly obvious that there are people who want war and they profit from it?! Isn’t it obvious that if tax payers are on board with picking sides that then the government can send unchecked, unaccountable billions of dollars of our earned taxes money over to whomever where moneys can be used for whatever they want?!
The disrespect just shows the naïveté to truth and a drastic lack of the bigger picture that John maybe trying to point to - even if he is not using always the best logical argument with often filling in gaps in reasoning with some far stretching ideas. None the least he comes at it much more respectfully than making fun when people are dying and you use flippant sarcasm - disgusting and shame on you!
Ned, surely you meant to say "the sarcasm from WE CA's"? ;) :hug: Or is the identity under your avatar a misnomer?
0 x
NedFlanders
Affiliation: CA

Post by NedFlanders »

Heirbyadoption wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:47 pm
mike wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:03 pmIt's all fake it never happened but if it did Israel should not do what it is doing
Why so disrespectful?
Ned, surely you meant to say "the sarcasm from WE CA's"? ;) :hug: Or is the identity under your avatar a misnomer?
It is a struggle at times to consider some professing CA’s/Christians are a part of the body of Christ, but yes, I need to extend more grace and pray for such actions that can be easily seen as and are a reproach in the body. Being an atheist most of my life sometimes has too much of my attention in relating to others that I can feel at odds with everyone…
0 x
Psalms 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
mike

Post by mike »

Why so disrespectful?

It is because I am tired of conspiracy theories. Over 1,000 innocent people were murdered by terrorists, and it feels distasteful to me to advance yet again the idea that some sinister government plot was behind this, rather than the evil perpetrators. I guess I should just be used to these kinds of ideas coming up after every major world or political event. There has been abundant documentation and evidence published about who committed these terrorist acts, and why. Hamas wants to kill all the Jews. That's why they did this, and they have taken credit for it. Why must it always be assumed that the truth is some kind of hidden secret that only the people who really know what's going on can understand?

I have a friend in particular that I have in mind who believes almost nothing that he is told from certain sources, but who believes all kinds of fantastic incredible things that other sources tell him. And yet it is always other people that are the gullible ones? I don't think so. I don't feel an ounce of shame at waxing a little sarcastic sometimes, when many of these people advance falsehood after falsehood with no evidence with never a thought of shame at doing so.
3 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Mike, sometimes the conspiracies are true and sometimes the truth isn’t truth.
I have personally seen both sides on here (if you can call them sides) believe some lies and refuse to change their mind regardless.
Listening to the media results in media views. Listening to the alternative news results in alternate views.
We really shouldn’t be so wrapped up in this as it isn’t actually any worse then what happens regularly in Africa.

We should desire both sides repent and not give in to propaganda on either side.
The hospital is a prime example, WMD’s was another. Are we so easily swayed by political hit pieces pushing a point?

Do you want weapons sent to Hamas? To Israel?
I’m sure it’s easy to say no to the first but what about the second?
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
mike

Post by mike »

Soloist wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:26 pm Mike, sometimes the conspiracies are true and sometimes the truth isn’t truth.
I have personally seen both sides on here (if you can call them sides) believe some lies and refuse to change their mind regardless.
Listening to the media results in media views. Listening to the alternative news results in alternate views.
We really shouldn’t be so wrapped up in this as it isn’t actually any worse then what happens regularly in Africa.

We should desire both sides repent and not give in to propaganda on either side.
The hospital is a prime example, WMD’s was another. Are we so easily swayed by political hit pieces pushing a point?

Do you want weapons sent to Hamas? To Israel?
I’m sure it’s easy to say no to the first but what about the second?
I agree with you. You are correct about conspiracies. However, not everything is a conspiracy. You are correct that we shouldn't be more wrapped up in this than what happens in Africa. I am unconvinced that Israel has divine right to its land any more than the next nation.

I don't believe I have said anything to intimate that I am wanting weapons sent to anybody. This doesn't mean I think there is moral equivalence between Hamas and Israel.
2 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

RZehr wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:34 pm It’s all a red tomato.
And a russet potato.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God