For Those Who Agree With My Premise ...

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Falco Underhill
Affiliation: Hermit

For Those Who Agree With My Premise ...

Post by Falco Underhill »

Top corporations lobby Senate Republicans to codify same-sex ‘marriage,’ open door to polygamy
Politico reports that Toyota, Dell, General Mills, Altria, UPS, Procter & Gamble, HP, Dow Chemical, Micron, and TechNet (the trade association representing Amazon, Google, Apple, and other tech giants) are among the companies that have urged senators to support the so-called “Respect for Marriage Act” (RMA).

The RMA would repeal the longstanding (but unenforced) Defense of Marriage Act (which recognized marriage as a man-woman union in federal law and protected states’ rights to do the same), federally recognize any “marriage” lawfully performed by any state, and force every state to recognize any “marriage” of any other state “between 2 individuals,” without regard for “the sex, race, ethnicity, or national origin of those individuals.”
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/top-c ... mpaign=usa

Okay, let's try this again!

FOR THOSE WHO AGREE the Left has gotten a stranglehold on such large Corporations as these, how do you think they did it?

Please do not banter here about how the Right controls corporations, too, and don't post here to tell me why you disagree with the premise. Too much energy will go into arguing back and forth on those things rather than on what I'd like the topic to be about.

Thank you.
0 x
Josh

Re: For Those Who Agree With My Premise ...

Post by Josh »

Falco Underhill wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:06 pmFOR THOSE WHO AGREE the Left has gotten a stranglehold on such large Corporations as these, how do you think they did it?

Please do not banter here about how the Right controls corporations, too, and don't post here to tell me why you disagree with the premise. Too much energy will go into arguing back and forth on those things rather than on what I'd like the topic to be about.

Thank you.
My point of view is that the very premise of a large corporation is making profit (and thus avarice, greed, and the god of pursuing riches) one's highest aim, to the debasement of other moral principles. It would thus follow that the biggest, most profitable corporations will eventually end up promoting the worst vices.

A good example of this would be the Dutch East India Company. A bigger question is why "conservatives" and evangelicals ever thought they should be allied with large corporations at all, instead of seeing them fundamentally at odds with Christian values.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Falco:
.. how do you think they did it? ..
After decades of watching powerful lobbies hijack Congress, i remain mystified it’s allowed.
i remain mystified corporations want to involve themselves with social engineering matters, the extent of their willingness is mind boggling.

Not just domestically! It’s exported on a grand scale.

“How?” is easier to figure out than “Why?”
0 x
Falco Underhill

temporal1 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:31 pm
Falco:
After decades of watching powerful lobbies hijack Congress, i remain mystified it’s allowed.
i remain mystified corporations want to involve themselves with social engineering matters, the extent of their willingness is mind boggling.

What can be done about it? I'm asking because I have no idea. Thanks for at least staying on topic!
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Falco Underhill wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:58 pm
Falco:

What can be done about it? I'm asking because I have no idea. Thanks for at least staying on topic!

The only answer i can think of is: remove organized/monied lobbies from access to Congress. Clean house!
(At this point, i believe it would require divine intervention.) Profiteers will not quietly step aside.

Congress (and all elected+appointed) would need to revisit the entire notion of PUBLIC SERVANT, and nothing beyond.
1 x
nett
Affiliation: Midwest Fellowship

Post by nett »

Falco:

Nothing can be done about it. This is why the church is (and always was) meant to be an alternative society.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

nett wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:35 pm
temporal1 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:31 pm After decades of watching powerful lobbies hijack Congress, i remain mystified it’s allowed.

Nothing can be done about it. This is why the church is (and always was) meant to be an alternative society.
Many pray for divine intervention.
0 x
nett
Affiliation: Midwest Fellowship

Post by nett »

temporal1 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:43 pm
nett wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:35 pm
Falco Underhill wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:58 pm What can be done about it? I'm asking because I have no idea. Thanks for at least staying on topic!
But why? The more comfortable Christians in the west get, the more lukewarm the church gets. I'd prefer the Matthew 5:10-12 blessing over being spewed out.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

nett wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:51 pm
temporal1 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:43 pm
nett wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:35 pm Nothing can be done about it. This is why the church is (and always was) meant to be an alternative society.
But why?
The more comfortable Christians in the west get, the more lukewarm the church gets.
I'd prefer the Matthew 5:10-12 blessing over being spewed out.
i cannot question your points!
but i cannot stop praying for an end to depravity, either.
1 x
Falco Underhill

Delete
0 x