Vaccines and the Mark of the Beast

General Christian Theology
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: Vaccines and the Mark of the Beast

Post by Ken »

Wade wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:13 am
Bootstrap wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:04 pm
mennonitemom1 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:45 pm Wouldn't the devil be "giving it away" if he made it that obvious??
In the Revelation, it sure looks like it's going to be obvious, a conscious decision to declare loyalty to either The Beast or to Jesus Christ.

Anything that looks like, "oops, I had no idea this was choosing the Mark of the Beast" just doesn't meet the Scriptural test as I read it. There's no hint of anyone being tricked into accepting the Mark of the Beast or being surprised they had done so.
Making people not able to buy or sell unless they consent to a drug that is developed with the use of murdered babies tissues is obviously wrong. Your right that it will be obvious but like when Christ came it is that too many are blind to see.
I have been freely buying and selling things both online and in person since the pandemic began and never once has my vaccination status come up. There are more ways to freely buy and sell things today than at any previous moment in human history.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

silentreader wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:16 pmI have a tendency to believe that John was seeing a spiritual reality for which he did not have the language to describe in temporal terms. An allegory? Maybe some passages, but evidently "real" enough in other ways to warrant a stern warning at the end.
Definitely.
silentreader wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:16 pm Couple of interesting things about The Revelation, it draws to a close with this warning:
18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
I think about that when people call all kinds of things the Mark of the Beast. Are they "adding to" the Revelation?
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Bootstrap wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:22 pm
Wade wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:13 am [Making people not able to buy or sell unless they consent to a drug that is developed with the use of murdered babies tissues is obviously wrong. Your right that it will be obvious but like when Christ came it is that too many are blind to see.
Is anyone unable to buy and sell if they do not get vaccinated?

Around here, you might need to wear a mask or have them deliver groceries or have them assemble groceries so you can pick them up. You might order some things from Amazon if you won't wear a mask. But people seem to be finding ways to allow anyone to buy and sell.
In the last days they will scoff saying "you can still trade for your chicken. That's no different then buying and selling"
0 x
Szdfan

Post by Szdfan »

Soloist wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:23 pm
Bootstrap wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:22 pm
Wade wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:13 am [Making people not able to buy or sell unless they consent to a drug that is developed with the use of murdered babies tissues is obviously wrong. Your right that it will be obvious but like when Christ came it is that too many are blind to see.
Is anyone unable to buy and sell if they do not get vaccinated?

Around here, you might need to wear a mask or have them deliver groceries or have them assemble groceries so you can pick them up. You might order some things from Amazon if you won't wear a mask. But people seem to be finding ways to allow anyone to buy and sell.
In the last days they will scoff saying "you can still trade for your chicken. That's no different then buying and selling"
Has anyone who participates in this forum have actually been prevented from buying or selling because of vaccination status?
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Szdfan wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:53 pm Has anyone who participates in this forum have actually been prevented from buying or selling because of vaccination status?
Not to my knowledge yet.

That being said, the rhetoric is there is being pushed and the laws are steadily getting tighter.
0 x
Szdfan

Post by Szdfan »

Soloist wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:57 pm
Szdfan wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:53 pm Has anyone who participates in this forum have actually been prevented from buying or selling because of vaccination status?
Not to my knowledge yet.

That being said, the rhetoric is there is being pushed and the laws are steadily getting tighter.
That’s the problem with the future, isn’t it? It doesn’t always work out the way we hope and fear.

Things are the opposite in my neck of the woods. The local county board of supervisors just passed a resolution prohibiting mask and vaccine mandates. I’m not sure that it will pass legal muster and supersede state laws, but out here people are acting as if Covid is no longer a reality.

Meanwhile, I have a coworker on oxygen right now because of Covid.
0 x
silentreader

Post by silentreader »

Szdfan wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:11 pm
Not to my knowledge yet.

That’s the problem with the future, isn’t it? It doesn’t always work out the way we hope and fear.

Things are the opposite in my neck of the woods. The local county board of supervisors just passed a resolution prohibiting mask and vaccine mandates. I’m not sure that it will pass legal muster and supersede state laws, but out here people are acting as if Covid is no longer a reality.

Here where I live, unvaccinated people can not go to any sporting events, not even games in which their own children play. They may not eat in any restaurant, they may not attend plays or movies, they may attend a wedding service but not the reception, they may attend a funeral service but not the reception after. The may not enter a museum or a public library.
My granddaughter was to begin university, first she was told she needed to be vaccinated to live on campus, next she was told she needed to be vaccinated to come on campus for in person learning, finally she was told she needed to be vaccinated for remote classes even if she never comes on campus.
I probably missed some things the mandate covers, but it was emphasized at the beginning that the Regional Chief Officer of Health has the power to expand the mandate as she sees fit.
0 x
Szdfan

Post by Szdfan »

silentreader wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:38 pm

Not to my knowledge yet.

Here where I live, unvaccinated people can not go to any sporting events, not even games in which their own children play. They may not eat in any restaurant, they may not attend plays or movies, they may attend a wedding service but not the reception, they may attend a funeral service but not the reception after. The may not enter a museum or a public library.
My granddaughter was to begin university, first she was told she needed to be vaccinated to live on campus, next she was told she needed to be vaccinated to come on campus for in person learning, finally she was told she needed to be vaccinated for remote classes even if she never comes on campus.
I probably missed some things the mandate covers, but it was emphasized at the beginning that the Regional Chief Officer of Health has the power to expand the mandate as she sees fit.
I understand that is frustrating, but it doesn’t mean that vaccines are the Mark of the Beast of that we are in the End Times. I’ve spent enough time around erroneous eschatological predictions to be deeply skeptical about any predictions.
0 x
silentreader

Post by silentreader »

Szdfan wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:05 pm

I understand that is frustrating, but it doesn’t mean that vaccines are the Mark of the Beast of that we are in the End Times. I’ve spent enough time around erroneous eschatological predictions to be deeply skeptical about any predictions.
I don't believe I've ever said that vaccines are the mark of the beast, but I was pointing out that you probably don't realize where some jurisdictions are at. We are going to begin seeing the consequences of mandated unpaid leave in our region. At first appearance I do not think it will be pretty.
As far as a literal mark of the beast is concerned, if such a thing happens, there seems to be an increasing number of Christians who, considering it allegorical, will nonchalantly take it, give thanks to the authority that provided it, and sneer at those who don't. There is no doubt in my mind that the present situation would be an excellent preparation if that were to occur.
Somebody said lately, "Noah was a conspiracy theorist too, and then it started to rain."
But I guess it is also pointless mentioning something like that, considering.
0 x
Szdfan

Post by Szdfan »

silentreader wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:23 pm
Szdfan wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:05 pm

I don't believe I've ever said that vaccines are the mark of the beast, but I was pointing out that you probably don't realize where some jurisdictions are at. We are going to begin seeing the consequences of mandated unpaid leave in our region. At first appearance I do not think it will be pretty.
As far as a literal mark of the beast is concerned, if such a thing happens, there seems to be an increasing number of Christians who, considering it allegorical, will nonchalantly take it, give thanks to the authority that provided it, and sneer at those who don't. There is no doubt in my mind that the present situation would be an excellent preparation if that were to occur.
Well, this thread is about whether the vaccine is the mark of the beast.

I think frequent and erroneous predictions about the End Times damage the witness of Christians.
0 x