Ivermectin

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Ivermectin

Post by Bootstrap »

haithabu wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:18 pm So there it is. I will keep you posted and of course ask for your prayers for our kids and their friends, especially Jason who is in hospital.
Adding you all to my prayers. Can you keep us posted?
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
haithabu
Affiliation: Missionary Church

Post by haithabu »

Bootstrap wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:26 pm
haithabu wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:18 pm So there it is. I will keep you posted and of course ask for your prayers for our kids and their friends, especially Jason who is in hospital.
Adding you all to my prayers. Can you keep us posted?

Thank you, and yes I will.
0 x
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

I'm really sorry to hear this. I'll be praying for your family's safety and that they recover soon.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
haithabu

Post by haithabu »

Szdfan wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:07 pm I'm really sorry to hear this. I'll be praying for your family's safety and that they recover soon.
Thank you!
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

I created a thread over here that you can use if you find it helpful:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4238&p=137822#p137822

I like separate prayer threads so that prayer and debate don't get all mixed up.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

haithabu wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:45 pm
Szdfan wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:07 pm I'm really sorry to hear this. I'll be praying for your family's safety and that they recover soon.
Thank you!
We will be praying for your family and Jason too. Was he hospitalized with pneumonia?

I agree with your observations. You've got to jump right on it right away- our mistake, was assuming it was an allergic reaction only to the dust since Neil was cleaning out our enclosed garage he spent a couple days in, with his allergies to dust- he started right in with his typical sinus issues after doing something like that. Thank the Lord a couple days later I decided to get him tested just in case it wasn't just a reaction to his allergies. Sure enough he had covid. We couldn't understand why he didn't catch it when I had it for 2 weeks although I honestly think his immune system was threatened and wreaking havoc on his body because of his allergic reaction he was inflamed. I really have been reading a lot about your immune system and ways that it could be strong or weak. Inflammation makes you much more prone to viruses. A lot of people are inflamed and don't realize it, and our diets contribute to that quite a bit. Sugar, is the worse. for that.

From everything I've heard and it was true with Neil, it didn't seem bad at all the first few days and then the sixth day which is what I've heard is when he took a real turn for the worst.

Yes this round of covid is much different than the first I've noticed We watched our Church live stream and they had a prayer request for five different people that have covid. My recommendation would be start right away if you have symptoms and you were tested positive and not to delay anything. We had the protocol supplements but again I feel like Neil's reaction to his Dutch allergies really wreaked havoc on him because you can get pneumonia from bacteria and you can get pneumonia from a virus so he might have a double whammy going on I don't know.

Anyway prayers for all keep us updated
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

I started giving Neil ivermectin and only gave him two doses, but it was several days into it by that time and his oxygen had started dropping. It's good to have one of those little oximeters at home because that's what you want to watch to know when you have to go to the hospital. If we could have gotten a hold of treatments early, I believe things would have turned out much differently.

Question I have read from a couple sources to take five ivermectin doses in a row. But I read somewhere else to take a dose day 1 & 2, but it stays in your system so skip a few days I don't know if that's true most people I've heard of take it 5 days in a row.
1 x
haithabu

Post by haithabu »

Valerie wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:39 pm
haithabu wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:45 pm
Thank you!
We will be praying for your family and Jason too. Was he hospitalized with pneumonia?

I agree with your observations. You've got to jump right on it right away- our mistake, was assuming it was an allergic reaction only to the dust since Neil was cleaning out our enclosed garage he spent a couple days in, with his allergies to dust- he started right in with his typical sinus issues after doing something like that. Thank the Lord a couple days later I decided to get them tested just in case it wasn't just a reaction to his allergies. Sure enough he had covid. We couldn't understand why he didn't catch it when I had it for 2 weeks although I honestly think his immune system was threatened and wreaking havoc on his body because of his allergic reaction he was inflamed. I really been reading a lot about your immune system and ways that it could be strong or weak. Inflammation makes you much more prone to viruses. A lot of people are inflamed and don't realize it, and our diets contribute to that quite a bit.

Yes this round of covid is much different than the first I've noticed but you've noticed. We watched our Church live stream and they had a prayer request for five different people that have covid. My recommendation would be start right away if you have symptoms and you were tested positive and not to delay anything. We had the protocol supplements but again I feel like Neil's reaction to his Dutch allergies really wreaked havoc on him because you can get pneumonia from bacteria and you can get pneumonia from a virus so he might have a double whammy going on I don't know.

Anyway prayers for all keep us updated
Jason has pneumonia and is currently being megadosed with antibiotic via IV. If it doesn't respond the next stop is a ventilator so please make a special point of praying for him tonight. The other friends sound like they are experiencing the same thing only milder at this point.

I have read that bacterial pneumonia is a common sequel to Covid and often what kills people in the end. Just as it was with Spanish Influenza back in the day.

Kelsey is feeling better and sitting up in bed. Carl also feeling better and I talked him out of going right back to work. He was particularly reluctant to take IVM ("hard pass") but obediently started taking it yesterday - "to please dad and wife" - when his sister arrived to be the family's Angel of Mercy. I told him that taking Ivermectin was like Pascal's wager with medicine: if it doesn't work there's nothing lost and if it does work there is much to gain. :)
0 x
haithabu

Post by haithabu »

Valerie wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:50 pm I started giving Neil ivermectin and only gave him two doses, but it was several days into it by that time and his oxygen had started dropping. It's good to have one of those little oximeters at home because that's what you want to watch to know when you have to go to the hospital. If we could have gotten a hold of treatments early, I believe things would have turned out much differently.

Question I have read from a couple sources to take five ivermectin doses in a row. But I read somewhere else to take a dose day 1 & 2, but it stays in your system so skip a few days I don't know if that's true most people I've heard of take it 5 days in a row.
I've read that too, I don't think it makes much difference unless you are high dosing (0.6mg/kg body weight). Then maybe it would be good to take a break. I recommended the kids to 0.2mg/kg x 2 times a day to give the body a better chance to absorb it and then for 5 days straight because this brand of Covid seems to be tenacious and prone to rebound.
0 x
haithabu

Post by haithabu »

An awful story coming out of the hospital in Rimbey Alberta which for us strikes close to home.

Short form:

Alberta Health has instituted a hard prohibition on the use of Ivermectin to treat Covid in hospitals.

The doctor in question tried and was unable to obtain IVM in prescription form for deteriorating patients, was warned off from using it, contacted a sympathetic local pharmacist who was likewise unable to get it legally and instead obtained it from a feed supply store. The pharmacist ascertained the composition and the safety of the "horse paste" and passed it on to the doctor who administered it to his patients.

They began to improve; however the doctor was fired the next day and shortly afterward had his hospital privileges revoked throughout the province.

This story has been corroborated on several different levels, including by Alberta Health in a round about way (They acknowledge the doctor's existence and the fact that his privileges have been suspended.). It appears on the blog of Brian Peckford, a former Premier of Newfoundland.

https://peckford42.wordpress.com/2021/1 ... peaks-out/
0 x