Favorite Feature

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Sunbeam
Affiliation:

Favorite Feature

Post by Sunbeam »

Can I just say that I love the new heart button?
Why, yes, I can, most certainly! For sure!
So far, it is my favorite feature of this forum! :clap:
Because so often you like a post or agree with a post but it seems cumbersome to make a whole post to say, "I agree", and many times in discussions on this forum and the previous one, God rest its soul, (it did have one, don't argue with me), there would be maybe two or three people engaging in a discussion and then a great silent audience, made up of dozens. Sometimes, it can feel a little lonely manning your post against a couple dissenters who are very adamant, and perhaps more articulate. And sometimes you may wonder if the whole world thinks you are crazy.
This makes it possible to quietly register your support for a given poster or position without muddying the discussion.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: Favorite Feature

Post by ohio jones »

Sunbeam wrote:Sometimes, it can feel a little lonely manning your post 8-) against a couple dissenters who are very adamant, and perhaps more articulate. And sometimes you may wonder if the whole world thinks you are crazy.
I generally figure they do, and I am. But I've been blessed on a few of those occasions to receive a gracious PM of encouragement and support. That's still a good thing to do sometimes, when clicking the new button, bless its little heart, just isn't enough.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Not an actual feature, more of a consequence ..
searching has become so easy!

Nearly any word is searchable, not resulting in thousands of matches.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Haystack
Affiliation: Christian

Post by Haystack »

I'm also enjoying the heart button and the notifications.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Haystack wrote:I'm also enjoying the heart button and the notifications.
:up: :up:
Some of the new icons are good too :clap:
:rofl:
:yawn:
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Peregrino
Affiliation:

Post by Peregrino »

I also really love that little heart. One of my pet peeves on the old forum was when people would quote all of a lengthy post just to post an emoji at the end. On my little phone screen, I would be salivating over the prospect of some glittering new gems of original thought as I scrolled

Down

And down

And down

Only to have my hopes dashed to the ground when I finally reached the bottom to discover....

only a very un-original thumbs up or a rofl emoji. I am hoping this new button will save me all the mental trauma of such an emotional rollercoaster ride. :lol: :lol:
0 x
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

Peregrino wrote:I also really love that little heart. One of my pet peeves on the old forum was when people would quote all of a lengthy post just to post an emoji at the end. On my little phone screen, I would be salivating over the prospect of some glittering new gems of original thought as I scrolled

Down

And down

And down

Only to have my hopes dashed to the ground when I finally reached the bottom to discover....

only a very un-original thumbs up or a rofl emoji. I am hoping this new button will save me all the mental trauma of such an emotional rollercoaster ride. :lol: :lol:
:up:

[sorry, I couldn't help myself]
0 x
lesterb

Post by lesterb »

ohio jones wrote:
Sunbeam wrote:Sometimes, it can feel a little lonely manning your post 8-) against a couple dissenters who are very adamant, and perhaps more articulate. And sometimes you may wonder if the whole world thinks you are crazy.
I generally figure they do, and I am. But I've been blessed on a few of those occasions to receive a gracious PM of encouragement and support. That's still a good thing to do sometimes, when clicking the new button, bless its little heart, just isn't enough.
I thought you were going to comment on the incongruence of a woman manning a post...
0 x
lesterb

Post by lesterb »

MaxPC wrote:
Haystack wrote:I'm also enjoying the heart button and the notifications.
:up: :up:
Some of the new icons are good too :clap:
:rofl:
:yawn:
I like the yawning one. Really fits me...

But my wife can't understand why you'd use silly pictures in a post.
0 x
PeterG
Affiliation: Conserv. Mennonite

Post by PeterG »

lesterb wrote:
Peregrino wrote:I also really love that little heart. One of my pet peeves on the old forum was when people would quote all of a lengthy post just to post an emoji at the end. On my little phone screen, I would be salivating over the prospect of some glittering new gems of original thought as I scrolled

Down

And down

And down

:up:

[sorry, I couldn't help myself]
:lol:
0 x
"It is a weird" —Ken