If we can't agree on cat videos ...

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Bootstrap

If we can't agree on cat videos ...

Post by Bootstrap »

From another thread:
Soloist wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:56 pm
Bootstrap wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:49 pm If we can't do better at accepting different views on voting, maybe that's the logical conclusion. We are too immature to explore Scripture together and should confine ourselves to cat videos.

But I really am hoping we can do better than that.
My wife thinks that describes about 99% of Mennonet users who are active.
Again, that doesn’t include me because I don’t like cat videos.
Oh. So we can't even agree on cat videos? What can we agree to talk about? This thread is for fun suggestions ... silliness is welcome, quarelling is not.

How about Grog's Animated Knots?

What other fun diversions are out there on the Internet?
0 x
ohio jones

Re: If we can't agree on cat videos ...

Post by ohio jones »

We can agree that cat videos are evil, right? I think that is basically the point of cat and dog theology.
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Wife: If cat videos and funny pictures were easier to post on this forum than arguments, everybody’s blood pressure would go way down.
1 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Soloist wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:35 pm Wife: If cat videos and funny pictures were easier to post on this forum than arguments, everybody’s blood pressure would go way down.
Could your wife supply some blood pressure medicine for this thread? Whatever she finds amusing?
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Bootstrap wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:37 pm
Soloist wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:35 pm Wife: If cat videos and funny pictures were easier to post on this forum than arguments, everybody’s blood pressure would go way down.
Could your wife supply some blood pressure medicine for this thread? Whatever she finds amusing?
Wife: no, because I haven’t figured out how to post pictures. Best guess is that Robert uses a special website for his URLs
1 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

I love the knots site. I learned how to make a Prusik knot there - you can use two Prusiks to climb a tree or a cliff. The Prusik itself is a knot that you can easily side up or down another rope as long as there's no weight on it, but as soon as you put weight on it, it will no longer slide.

You can make loop for a sling to sit on, another for a sling for your feet, and slide one up, then the other, to climb the rope.

Of course, you want to practice and inspect the knot ... but it's pretty cool.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

A significant number of Anabaptists would consider watching cat videos to be at best a waste of time and idle entertainment and at worse to be a slippery slope to much worse or even to be sin. Some would refuse to watch such videos at all, or at least never allow such in their homes.

It may be useful and instructive to learn why some Anabaptists would feel this way, and to perhaps consider they might be correctly discerning the times and how to follow God’s word, and those of us idly watching entertaining videos might have to give an account on judgment day of why we did so.
0 x
Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

Josh wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 7:41 pm A significant number of Anabaptists would consider watching cat videos to be at best a waste of time and idle entertainment and at worse to be a slippery slope to much worse or even to be sin. Some would refuse to watch such videos at all, or at least never allow such in their homes.

Ya, these folks need our prayers.

It may be useful and instructive to learn why some Anabaptists would feel this way, and to perhaps consider they might be correctly discerning the times and how to follow God’s word, and those of us idly watching entertaining videos might have to give an account on judgment day of why we did so.

A risk I'm willing to take. :)
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Josh wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 7:41 pm A significant number of Anabaptists would consider watching cat videos to be at best a waste of time and idle entertainment and at worse to be a slippery slope to much worse or even to be sin. Some would refuse to watch such videos at all, or at least never allow such in their homes.

And the more conservative still would look at participating in somewhere like Mennonet as a spiritual threat. If your option is argue with some random person on Mennonet or watch cat videos… I know which one sounds better. It’s easy to condemn cat videos, Josh, but that just sort of proves the point.
We are not people that agree on anything and will argue about anything.
0 x
Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

Soloist wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 7:47 pm

And the more conservative still would look at participating in somewhere like Mennonet as a spiritual threat. If your option is argue with some random person on Mennonet or watch cat videos… I know which one sounds better. It’s easy to condemn cat videos, Josh, but that just sort of proves the point.
We are not people that agree on anything and will argue about anything.
Well, I agree with your last sentence. :)
0 x