Praise Report

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Bill Rushby
Affiliation: Conservative Quaker

Praise Report

Post by Bill Rushby »

As I age, trips to the city have become more and more difficult. I have been afflicted with runaway diarrhea lately but had to go the valley so Joy could have her rabies booster before the deadline. I got her out and walked her before she was called in so there would be no embarrassments in the examination room. She urinated and then fell over, followed by abnormal movements. I thought she was dying. After a few minutes, she recovered and got to her feet, full of energy. When the staff heard what had happened, they scolded me for not rushing in to get a vet. When Dr. Clayton checked Joy out, she said Joy has a serious heart murmur and the excitement apparently brought on c???? (sorry, senior citizen moment!) caused the spell. All is well that ends well!

After we left the clinic, I went to Sharp Shopper in Waynesboro. I used my credit card to pay my bill.

Next stop, McDonald's for a cup of senior citizens coffee to keep me alert on the 60+ mile trip home. When I reach into my shirt pocket, my credit card was not there--just receipts etc.!!! After searching my wallet, the grocery bags, the seat of the car and the floor, I rushed back five miles to Sharp Shopper.

The clerk at Sharp Shopper said that they don't use the chip reader, so I must have removed the card after sliding it. The manager said no found CCs had been turned for at least a couple of days. That convinced me that the card must in the car somewhere. I drove by where I had parked, just to be sure I hadn't dropped it on the pavement. Nothing found.

That allayed my anxiety, but I wondered if I dare wait overnight before calling the line to report my missing card. I agonized all the way home. When I got into the house, I unzipped my sweatshirt--probably to remove the clip of keys I carry on my belt and, Eureka, the credit card dropped onto the floor!!!!!! And I didn't even have any diarrheal surprises on the trip, though I worried about that possibility throughout the journey! And the dog didn't die at the clinic as I feared that she might!

Thanking God for a day without any further mishaps!
0 x
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Re: Praise Report

Post by Sudsy »

Sorry Bill but this story made me laugh as I'm getting into my 'golden years ?' too and have similar occurrences of mis-placing things. At first I thought Joy was your wife until you mentioned the vet. That's how slow I am.

Anyway, to add a little humour in our experiences, did you know diarrhea is hereditary ? Ya, it runs in the genes jeans.
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

All I can add is this: don't ever get diarrhea in Great Britain, because you will never ever be able to spell it. I guess the correct British spelling is diarrhoea, which is more annoying than the symptom itself.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

i don’t believe many realize how common intestinal complaints are - among young people.
i’ve read, young women, in their 20’s-30’s, often have IBS, or other ailments.
it’s hard to imagine how they deal with it, with all the other obligations they have.
people suffer in silence, sometimes for years.

i’m glad you managed all of it without losing your credit card!
forgetting things, having lapses of memory, general blunders, are not solely problems of older folks -
my son and husband, for sure, taught me that! i can’t count the times they lost things - often, as with your credit card, not lost, at all, just misplaced. “right there, all along.” :D

when i was a young woman, i made a mistake on the job. i was humiliated.
one of my favorite employers, assured me, “you can’t make mistakes if you’re not doing anything.”
he encouraged me to keep going, and, to expect mistakes now+then.
i have been blessed with knowing good people in my life.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

Bill Rushby wrote:As I age, trips to the city have become more and more difficult. I have been afflicted with runaway diarrhea lately but had to go the valley so Joy could have her rabies booster before the deadline. I got her out and walked her before she was called in so there would be no embarrassments in the examination room. She urinated and then fell over, followed by abnormal movements. I thought she was dying. After a few minutes, she recovered and got to her feet, full of energy. When the staff heard what had happened, they scolded me for not rushing in to get a vet. When Dr. Clayton checked Joy out, she said Joy has a serious heart murmur and the excitement apparently brought on c???? (sorry, senior citizen moment!) caused the spell. All is well that ends well!
I did WHAT???? :oops: :laugh
0 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Joy wrote:
Bill Rushby wrote:As I age, trips to the city have become more and more difficult. I have been afflicted with runaway diarrhea lately but had to go the valley so Joy could have her rabies booster before the deadline. I got her out and walked her before she was called in so there would be no embarrassments in the examination room. She urinated and then fell over, followed by abnormal movements. I thought she was dying. After a few minutes, she recovered and got to her feet, full of energy. When the staff heard what had happened, they scolded me for not rushing in to get a vet. When Dr. Clayton checked Joy out, she said Joy has a serious heart murmur and the excitement apparently brought on c???? (sorry, senior citizen moment!) caused the spell. All is well that ends well!
I did WHAT???? :oops: :laugh
well. we’re just glad you’re all better now. :dance:
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN