An open letter to ozarkbreeze

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Josh

Re: An open letter to ozarkbreeze

Post by Josh »

steve-in-kville wrote:Can someone give me some background on this? I never heard of the guy. Link perhaps?
I was involved first-hand, if you'd like to hear my "side of the story".
0 x
steve-in-kville

Post by steve-in-kville »

Josh wrote:
steve-in-kville wrote:Can someone give me some background on this? I never heard of the guy. Link perhaps?
I really don't care. I see his name pop up every now and again but never knew who he was.
0 x
ragpicker

Post by ragpicker »

Josh wrote:
I had some involvement too. My "side of the story" differs wildly from yours at times. So does Steve's. Who determines who of us is correct?

Maybe Steve's lack of response to the "he said/she said" circus wasn't such a bad idea after all.

BTW Josh, do you know who called in Steve and reported him for pimping out his daughter? That would be useful information if you have it.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

ragpicker wrote:
Josh wrote:
I had some involvement too. My "side of the story" differs wildly from yours at times. So does Steve's. Who determines who of us is correct?

Maybe Steve's lack of response to the "he said/she said" circus wasn't such a bad idea after all.
My involvement was entirely first-hand, so you can either just come out and call me a liar or drop this line of reasoning. You were not involved in the situation. I was.
BTW Josh, do you know who called in Steve and reported him for pimping out his daughter? That would be useful information if you have it.
This is the first I've heard of that.
0 x
steve-in-kville

Post by steve-in-kville »

ragpicker wrote: BTW Josh, do you know who called in Steve and reported him for pimping out his daughter? That would be useful information if you have it.
That there alone is enough. Is this the same man as the S. Stutzman thread?
0 x
ragpicker

Post by ragpicker »

steve-in-kville wrote:
ragpicker wrote: BTW Josh, do you know who called in Steve and reported him for pimping out his daughter? That would be useful information if you have it.
That there alone is enough. Is this the same man as the S. Stutzman thread?
Yes.
0 x
ragpicker

Post by ragpicker »

Josh wrote:My involvement was entirely first-hand, so you can either just come out and call me a liar or drop this line of reasoning.
A simple statement acknowledging different versions of events exists, and acknowledging the difficulty of determining who is correct, is not the same as saying someone is lying. Surely you're mature enough to understand that...
Josh wrote:You were not involved in the situation. I was.
OK. Whatever works for you. Maybe your definition of "situation" is different than mine.
Josh wrote:
This is the first I've heard of that.
Oh, OK. As connected as you portray yourself as having been to everything, I thought you would have at least heard about it. No worries.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

ragpicker wrote:
Josh wrote:My involvement was entirely first-hand, so you can either just come out and call me a liar or drop this line of reasoning.
A simple statement acknowledging different versions of events exists, and acknowledging the difficulty of determining who is correct, is not the same as saying someone is lying. Surely you're mature enough to understand that...
ragpicker, I was directly involved, as in first-hand, with the abuser, the victim, and Stutzman. I went to the same congregation as the abuser and worked for him.

Eventually, this whole "there is two sides to the story" thing needs to stop. There is only one version of the truth, and only one set of events that actually happened.

Eventually I spoke up against ongoing abuse and spoke up against the victim being harassed for speaking up and reporting to police. Doing so invited lots of harassment against myself as well. Those are also facts. If you want to say "there are two sides to the story", you're calling me a liar. Period.
Oh, OK. As connected as you portray yourself as having been to everything, I thought you would have at least heard about it. No worries.
I have portrayed myself as not being that connected - as an outsider, I assume insiders know more about these things than I do. That means there sure must be a lot being kept hush-hush. I have not paid much attention to Stutzman since the incident last year, and have no desire to.

However, when he and his defenders keep deciding to attack me, that makes it harder and harder for me to ignore him.
0 x
ragpicker

Post by ragpicker »

Josh wrote:However, when he and his defenders keep deciding to attack me, that makes it harder and harder for me to ignore him.
Other than this anonymous Ozark Breeze taking a potshot at you, who is still attacking you?

PS. There most definitely can be multiple versions of an event or situation without anyone being a liar. Your assertion otherwise shows a lack of understanding and wisdom on the matter.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

ragpicker wrote:
Josh wrote:However, when he and his defenders keep deciding to attack me, that makes it harder and harder for me to ignore him.
Other than this anonymous Ozark Breeze taking a potshot at you, who is still attacking you?
I do not feel it prudent to go public on MennoNet with that, but it's been an ongoing problem over the past year. I feel that when something directly happens on MennoNet, it's worthwhile to discuss it on MennoNet.
PS. There most definitely can be multiple versions of an event or situation without anyone being a liar. Your assertion otherwise shows a lack of understanding and wisdom on the matter.
When I've been involved first-hand, there's only one accurate version of events: the events I observed. Unless I'm a delusional schizophrenic, I guess.

Incidentally, I'm not the only person who agrees with my version of events. Other people also were there and experienced it all first-hand.
0 x