The Fatal MD Crash - Was it really Lesterb's fault?

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Re: The Fatal MD Crash - Was it really Lesterb's fault?

Post by lesterb »

Robert wrote:
lesterb wrote: No. we're in Ontario because my father in law isn't doing well.
In my 2 years of hermithood, I have pulled away from many and lately forced myself to work a little out of the house. I have no desire to visit or meet with many people, but one event I, for some unknown reason, would like to accomplish one day is to meet Lester in person. I suspect it will have to wait until we both are in the presence of Jesus, but meeting here on earth would be nice also.
I forgot about this thread. My memory isn't the greatest these days. But I'd still enjoy meeting you Robert. I'll be in Ontario a couple of times this year yet.
0 x
Reflecting
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Reflecting »

:wave:
justme wrote:reflect is back!
don't become a hermit, reflect 8-)
Thank you JM. :)
0 x
”reflectthelight” in MDland
Reflecting

Post by Reflecting »

ohio jones wrote:
Reflecting wrote:
Robert wrote:In my 2 years of hermithood, I have pulled away from many and lately forced myself to work a little out of the house. I have no desire to visit or meet with many people, but one event I, for some unknown reason, would like to accomplish one day is to meet Lester in person. I suspect it will have to wait until we both are in the presence of Jesus, but meeting here on earth would be nice also.
What is happening with you Robert? What is this I hear about hermithood? Are you ok?
Justme calls herself a hermit, too. And Dan Z likes to talk about hermitneutics. There must be something contagious about it. Be careful.... :shock:
Thank you for the heads up OJ. I will try to be careful. I generally don’t delve too deep into supremely scholarly hermitneutics < :laugh > so perhaps I will be OK. ;)
0 x
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Reflecting wrote::wave:
justme wrote:reflect is back!
don't become a hermit, reflect 8-)
Thank you JM. :)
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
Reflecting

Post by Reflecting »

Hi GC. Good to see you again. :)
How are you?
0 x
Reflecting

Post by Reflecting »

Reflecting wrote:
ohio jones wrote:
Reflecting wrote: What is happening with you Robert? What is this I hear about hermithood? Are you ok?
Justme calls herself a hermit, too. And Dan Z likes to talk about hermitneutics. There must be something contagious about it. Be careful.... :shock:
Thank you for the heads up OJ. I will try to be careful. I generally don’t delve too deep into supremely scholarly hermitneutics so perhaps I will be OK. ;)

Lest I be misunderstood: I do believe Bible study and sound theology to be important. But if your hermeneutics are of the level of the Greek or Hebrew or some of the finer points of theology disputed here, you may find me a hermit from your midst. ;)
0 x
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

Reflecting wrote:Hi GC. Good to see you again. :)
How are you?
I am well and glad to see you back in our midst. I think you would enjoy the Bible study that I teach on Thursday nights. We have entered a study of God as Father in preparation for a study of "the love of God".
Blessings to you!
0 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
Reflecting

Post by Reflecting »

gcdonner wrote:
How are you?
I am well and glad to see you back in our midst. I think you would enjoy the Bible study that I teach on Thursday nights. We have entered a study of God as Father in preparation for a study of "the love of God".
Blessings to you!
thank you GC.
What is your text and where do you gather?
0 x
gcdonner

Post by gcdonner »

Reflecting wrote:
gcdonner wrote:
How are you?
Blessings to you!
thank you GC.
Our text is not a single passage as we are investigating the topic, last night we looked at
Mar 11:20-26; Jn1:14-18 (cf 4:12); Jn 4:21-24;Jn 5:17-45 (acts 17:25)(Jn 4:13,14); Jn 5 17-45; Lk 2:49; and lastly Jn 6:27-63, but we ended at verse 40 last night to be continued next week, Lord willing.
We meet in a consignment store that belongs to a lady who attends the church we go to. We push a display rack back out of the way, set up a folding table & folding chairs in the middle part of the store. We have had as many as 10 folk there and as few as 3. We were 4 last evening and expect that it will be smaller groups throughout the summer.
0 x
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

gcdonner wrote:
Reflecting wrote:
gcdonner wrote: I am well and glad to see you back in our midst. I think you would enjoy the Bible study that I teach on Thursday nights. We have entered a study of God as Father in preparation for a study of "the love of God".
Blessings to you!
thank you GC.
Our text is not a single passage as we are investigating the topic, last night we looked at
Mar 11:20-26; Jn1:14-18 (cf 4:12); Jn 4:21-24;Jn 5:17-45 (acts 17:25)(Jn 4:13,14); Jn 5 17-45; Lk 2:49; and lastly Jn 6:27-63, but we ended at verse 40 last night to be continued next week, Lord willing.
We meet in a consignment store that belongs to a lady who attends the church we go to. We push a display rack back out of the way, set up a folding table & folding chairs in the middle part of the store. We have had as many as 10 folk there and as few as 3. We were 4 last evening and expect that it will be smaller groups throughout the summer.
Even 4 dedicated to finding truth makes it worthwhile.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown