Homeschool - Classical Conversations

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Heirbyadoption
Affiliation: Brethren

Homeschool - Classical Conversations

Post by Heirbyadoption »

Am curious if any of the homeschoolers on here use the Classical Conversations curricula, co-op, etc?
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Homeschool - Classical Conversations

Post by Bootstrap »

Heirbyadoption wrote:Am curious if any of the homeschoolers on here use the Classical Conversations curricula, co-op, etc?
I don't, but I know a handful of people in a Classical Conversations co-op. I do a presentation for them once a year when they teach tin whistle. The people in this co-op are great and take their Christianity seriously. The children are polite and well-behaved and seem bright and curious and motivated. That's all I know.

Youtube has a bunch of sample lessons in action, you can look for specific subjects that interest you.

You can also find out about people's experiences by searching on classical conversations pro con.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Heirbyadoption
Affiliation: Brethren

Post by Heirbyadoption »

I don't need info on CC, we're already well involved in a local group. But thanks. I was just curious if there were any here on MN.
0 x
Once Again
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by Once Again »

We don't use CC, but we do use a similar curriculum published by Memoria Press. Both are "classical" in that they teach latin and logic along with an emphasis on writing.
0 x