"I think you're an idiot".

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

"I think you're an idiot".

Post by MaxPC »

Went to the doc's office this week and as soon as we walked into the reception area the above words blared from the ever-present tv. I asked the receptionist if we could have it turned to the weather channel (while biting my tongue about obnoxious programming). She obliged.

Violent speech is an expression of a violent heart. Speech can also impact how we think and feel (words made flesh). I read just yesterday that only 30% of the youth in Great Britain believe in God. I see a vast field of souls that need our prayers and the good news of Christ.

Such is the path my mind is wandering today.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Re: "I think you're an idiot".

Post by KingdomBuilder »

I read yesterday that America is becoming "more spiritual"... Beliefs in heaven, angels, a devil, etc. are all up.. Hell, though, was a hot topic..

Interesting, isn't it? We claim to be more spiritual collectively, but we also claim 1/2 the population to be degenerating. What spirit is at work, I'm not really sure.
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

I think in so many cases of "spiritual interest" we have a good idea of which spirit it is.
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

I think in so many cases of "spiritual interest" we have a good idea of which spirit it is.
0 x
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by KingdomBuilder »

Hats Off wrote:I think in so many cases of "spiritual interest" we have a good idea of which spirit it is.
I'm not talking about it being good/light or bad/dark. That is rather obvious, as you said.
I didn't mean it in such a simplified way.
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Post by Sudsy »

KingdomBuilder wrote:I read yesterday that America is becoming "more spiritual"... Beliefs in heaven, angels, a devil, etc. are all up.. Hell, though, was a hot topic..

Interesting, isn't it? We claim to be more spiritual collectively, but we also claim 1/2 the population to be degenerating. What spirit is at work, I'm not really sure.
Sounds like spiritual warfare to me. If people are becoming more interested in the spirit realm and perhaps in areas beyond this life (if that is what "more spiritual" is referring to), it can be a good thing for Kingdom believers. Perhaps more opportunity to share Kingdom life more than when people have the view that this life is all there is.

Why do "only 30% of the youth in Great Britain believe in God" ? Could it be that Kingdom life just isn't reflecting a city on a hill that can't be hid ? Are they just seeing dead religion ?
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
Spartaeus
Affiliation: Body of Christ

Post by Spartaeus »

Television and radio or music seem to steer the country. Monkey see, monkey do. What young people are born into they see as the norm unfortunately. I made the the mistake of sending 3 of my children to public school. What a really big mistake that was. They come back from school wanting to listen to everything their friends at school listen to, and wanting to live the same lifestyle. And then the older ones try to recruit the younger ones. Terrible situation to be at odds with constantly.
0 x