Bunny Trails

When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: Bunny Trails

Post by Robert »

ken_sylvania wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:38 pm I would guess there are a lot of Gazan civilians who have no desire to be killed because of the warmongering ways of a government they didn't want
From some sources I have heard, they are claiming about 80% of Palestinians supported the Oct 7 raid. If you watch the videos, you will see massive support in the streets as they dragged raped and murdered bodies around.

I am not saying this justifies what Israel is doing for me. I am saying this is why Israel is reacting with overwhelming force and some collateral damage will always happen and this is another thing that makes war unacceptable to me.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Robert wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:29 am
ken_sylvania wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:38 pm I would guess there are a lot of Gazan civilians who have no desire to be killed because of the warmongering ways of a government they didn't want
From some sources I have heard, they are claiming about 80% of Palestinians supported the Oct 7 raid. If you watch the videos, you will see massive support in the streets as they dragged raped and murdered bodies around.

I am not saying this justifies what Israel is doing for me. I am saying this is why Israel is reacting with overwhelming force and some collateral damage will always happen and this is another thing that makes war unacceptable to me.
And what percent of Americans allegedly supported invading Iraq and Afghanistan?
0 x
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Robert wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:29 am

I really don't know what percentage of Palestinians supported the Oct 7 raid. I'm not even sure how one would accurately measure that support in an environment where speaking out against the government could get you killed.

Israel's response isn't at all surprising to me. Unregenerate people are doing what unregenerate people do - looking out for themselves and doing what they think will be best for them.
0 x
ken_sylvania

Re: Do important people still sign checks?

Post by ken_sylvania »

Bootstrap wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 12:04 pm Ah, there's some subtext in my mind - the defense is trying to say that Trump was not involved in these payments. But the witnesses who would know seem to be speaking with one voice, saying that he did indeed sign the checks, and this was in keeping with his usual practice. That's what I was addressing.
Did you happen to hear the defense saying that Trump was not involved in these payments, or did others tell you of it?

I've been following the trial somewhat casually, and never heard or read any indication of the defense disputing the claim that President Trump was involved. What have you heard or read that makes you believe that the defense is claiming Trump didn't sign the checks.
0 x
ken_sylvania

Re: Progressive/Conservative threshold?

Post by ken_sylvania »

Sudsy wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 3:06 pm
steve-in-kville wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 10:35 am
steve-in-kville wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:58 am
In regards to your own personal standards and applications, what is liberal/progressive in your opinion? What is conservative in your opinion?

My wife wears a headcovering. I don't wear shorts outside the house, maybe if I started doing 5K's again. We don't have *real* TV, but we can livestream and we watch DVD's within reason. In some ways we are conservative but not in everything.
Curious - does the scripture say anything about men wearing shorts ? Seems to me the dress mode for peasant men in NT times was a tunic which was white and knee-length and to work or run he tucked it up into the girdle round his waist – an action known as 'girding up the loins'. I think if we are going to be real NT followers in dress, we men better band our long pants with buttons or zippers and pockets. If it has to do with modesty then I believe long robes are much less revealing of a man's form than pants. And sandals would be our foot wear.
I thought you don't like for people to make off-topic posts in your threads. Wouldn't you want to treat others the same way you would want to be treated?
0 x
ken_sylvania

Post by ken_sylvania »

Bootstrap wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 12:04 pm Ah, there's some subtext in my mind - the defense is trying to say that Trump was not involved in these payments. But the witnesses who would know seem to be speaking with one voice, saying that he did indeed sign the checks, and this was in keeping with his usual practice. That's what I was addressing.
Did you happen to hear the defense saying that Trump was not involved in these payments, or did others tell you of it?

I've been following the trial somewhat casually, and never heard or read any indication of the defense disputing the claim that President Trump was involved. What have you heard or read that makes you believe that the defense is claiming Trump didn't sign the checks?
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

ken_sylvania wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 3:48 pm

I've been following the trial somewhat casually, and never heard or read any indication of the defense disputing the claim that President Trump was involved. What have you heard or read that makes you believe that the defense is claiming Trump didn't sign the checks?
I heard this on podcasts, I think, after the opening statements. And a great deal of the evidence in the trial involved showing that Trump did, in fact, directly sign the checks, and was involved in meetings where these things were discussed.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Sudsy
Affiliation: Salvation Army

Re: Progressive/Conservative threshold?

Post by Sudsy »

ken_sylvania wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 3:48 pm
Sudsy wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 3:06 pm
steve-in-kville wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 10:35 am

My wife wears a headcovering. I don't wear shorts outside the house, maybe if I started doing 5K's again. We don't have *real* TV, but we can livestream and we watch DVD's within reason. In some ways we are conservative but not in everything.
Curious - does the scripture say anything about men wearing shorts ? Seems to me the dress mode for peasant men in NT times was a tunic which was white and knee-length and to work or run he tucked it up into the girdle round his waist – an action known as 'girding up the loins'. I think if we are going to be real NT followers in dress, we men better band our long pants with buttons or zippers and pockets. If it has to do with modesty then I believe long robes are much less revealing of a man's form than pants. And sandals would be our foot wear.
I thought you don't like for people to make off-topic posts in your threads. Wouldn't you want to treat others the same way you would want to be treated?
This is not off topic. I was asking for scriptural backing on what was posted in reply to the topic. I don't understand this kind of challenge and this reply being made in this bunny trail thread. How you could regard this as mis-treating others is beyond me.
0 x
Pursuing a Kingdom life in the Spirit
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

When a post is put in Bunny Trails, can we assume it is off topic and need not be responded to? Doesn't seem like this thread is the one we need to spend our time and energy on.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
ken_sylvania

Post by ken_sylvania »

Bootstrap wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 4:39 pm When a post is put in Bunny Trails, can we assume it is off topic and need not be responded to? Doesn't seem like this thread is the one we need to spend our time and energy on.
I don't think anyone is obligated to spend any time and energy on Mennonet. But if I have a question about a post someone made but the question isn't related to the topic of that thread sometimes I ask my question in the Bunny Trails thread instead. And it's nice if I can get my question answered. So thanks for answering the question earlier.
0 x