When it just doesn't fit anywhere else.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: The ferocious last gasps of the religion of Christian America

Post by temporal1 »

Page 29:
RZehr wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:00 am
temporal1 wrote::)

:arrow: i read on this forum with interest about not voting for religious conviction.
it’s confusing here. lots of opinions. maybe the most confusing are those who seem opinionated+partisan, but claim to be neutral. i understand the temptation. but it’s not convincing.
Yes. As one of these people who doesn't vote, it is a challenge to know what to comment about, what to be neutral about, while being a true nonpartisian.

That’s it, RZehr, learning HOW to do it.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Falco Knotwise
Affiliation: Roman Catholic

Re: A New Paradigm: Institutionalists vs Populists

Post by Falco Knotwise »

Bootstrap wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:44 pm
Falco Knotwise wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:43 pm "We" need to remember you don't speak for "us," only yourself.
Bootstrap wrote: Do you feel the same way when Trump talks about "us" and "them"?
I told you I don't accept your characterization of Trump or anyone else for that matter.

Quite frankly, im not interested in listening to you raving on about Trump, and ask you not to respond to my posts anymore, even this one.
1 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Falco Knotwise wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:23 pm
Bootstrap wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:44 pm
Falco Knotwise wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:43 pm "We" need to remember you don't speak for "us," only yourself.
Bootstrap wrote: Do you feel the same way when Trump talks about "us" and "them"?
I told you I don't accept your characterization of Trump or anyone else for that matter.
And you don't have to. We can have different opinions. I disagree with your characterization of some people too.
Falco Knotwise wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:23 pmQuite frankly, im not interested in listening to you raving on about Trump, and ask you not to respond to my posts anymore, even this one.
I don't know how that's supposed to work on a public forum. You are welcome to respond to my posts, but you certainly don't have to. I may well respond to some of yours.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Falco Knotwise wrote: ↑Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:23 pm
Quite frankly, im not interested in listening to you raving on about Trump, and ask you not to respond to my posts anymore, even this one.
I don't know how that's supposed to work on a public forum. You are welcome to respond to my posts, but you certainly don't have to. I may well respond to some of yours.

Maybe i can help you out, boot. :) This is not at all difficult.
Early-on for me on MD, i was completely new to internet forums, i’m sure i must have made mistakes, annoyed people, etc. (Not that i’ve moved on from this.) :? :oops: Those who post a lot are likely to be annoying to some, at least from time to time. There is no secret about high post count. To begin, i didn’t even know posts were tracked! i was a novice. i didn’t know what PMs were, nothing. My adult children warned me not to join. i value their opinions. eventually, i joined anyway.

i apologize to those present. :-| i still apologize. it must be dreadful. altho not intentional.

Imagine my horror when i received a PM from one member admonishing me for a comment i’d made in his thread!
No harm intended. i don’t recall the topic. Honestly, to me, neither the topic nor my intent mattered to me.
i offended someone. that was it.

He insisted i not respond to him, or post in his threads. PRETTY CLEAR REQUEST. Not complicated.

i did not ask or tell anyone, i simply respected his request/demand for BOUNDARIES.
i did not consider forum rules or my rights.

As in real life, if a person requests space, i don’t ask questions.
i don’t read that person my rights. i apologize for offense. even if i have no idea what the offense was. i don’t expect to understand everything, esp not in the moment.

boot, you have not learned this life lesson. your response is 180. No two paths are identical.
Thus, i just want to share with you a suggestion of how some others might respond differently to the same situation.
Humility instead of pride.

Good fruits.
Taking this path often bears good fruit. Patience is virtue.

Altho i was sad+humiliated in the moment ^^ after some weeks of CAREFULLY respecting that request for space, guess what?
That very member extended a subtle “olive branch” to me. i was shocked. Timidly, i responded. Was this real?
After months, then years, we eventually gained mutual interest+respect, we grew to build a trusting virtual friendship.

This is NOT a forum rule. It’s NOT a law.
It must be personal choice.

boot, with your computer expertise, i have every confidence it’s within your grasp to choose to avoid responding to a few posts/threads here+there. Truly, it’s not difficult.

This is an idea for your consideration. Not a request to alter forum rules.

Falco, please understand, your request is not the first of this type on this forum.
These situations come up. They happened before i joined years ago. Different people respond differently.

Lots of members have left the forum over such disagreements. This is a GENERAL suggestion, not specific about you. :)
No mod has suggested this. It’s just how i responded to a similar situation. i chose to respect the request.
It’s proved valuable in my real life, not just the internet. i would suggest this to anyone.
1 x

UNKNOWN
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

In your Control Panel there is a Foe option. This will allow you to block a post from any other member. Add them to your foe list and you will not see what they post anymore. You may see a quoted post. I am not sure with the new upgrade if that has been improved or not. One word of warning, you can not FOE the Mods!! Mahahahaha :wave:
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
temporal1

Re: 400 Years of African Slavery in America

Post by temporal1 »

Bootstrap wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:41 am
temporal1 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:53 pm i don’t know anyone who doesn’t wish slavery, rape, sexual abuse, murder and genocide, never happened. Ever.
Esp not on this forum.
I would like to hear you express compassion for black people when they talk about some of the things that happen to them. In this thread, slavery. Minimizing that is an issue.

Compassion is a deep Christian virtue that we see in Jesus.
temporal1 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:53 pmDo you have a response to Dan’s OP question? Have you noticed it? Just curious.
This one?
Dan Z wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:39 am What are the dehumanizing causes of the day that we Anabaptists should be morally attuned to?
To me, it is dehumanizing to insist that black people have no valid complaints, to imply that they are deluded by politicians and have no idea what they have experienced over history or what they experience today, to minimize things like slavery, the subject of this thread. To me, it is dehumanizing to tell history in a way that lets slaveholders completely off the hook.

That's not how Jews and Gentiles related to each other in the New Testament.
you have a right to your opinions, and your poor reading skills. you may judge. and demand. you are allowed.
that does not mean you are correct. or that others agree.

others are not obligated to respond, nor to respond in ways that satisfy your narrow criteria.

just another day on MN. :roll:
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Re: briar patch

Post by temporal1 »

just another day on MN. :roll:

like the sun rising in the east. :wave:
0 x

UNKNOWN
KrisKramer
Affiliation: Raised Conserv. Menn

Post by KrisKramer »

Robert wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:01 am
In your Control Panel there is a Foe option. This will allow you to block a post from any other member. Add them to your foe list and you will not see what they post anymore. You may see a quoted post. I am not sure with the new upgrade if that has been improved or not. One word of warning, you can not FOE the Mods!! Mahahahaha :wave:
So that's what that friend/foe thing is. You learn something new everyday
0 x
Falco Underhill
Affiliation: Hermit

Post by Falco Underhill »

Robert wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:01 am
Thanks Robert! Good to hear from you. May i make make a suggestion?

My preference would be for a Foe option that would prevent the Foe from addressing a post to me at all. There may be others around here who would prefer that, too.
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Re: He is risen!

Post by steve-in-kville »

I thought by now MN's self-ordained deputy moderator would be along to tell me this isn't "Anabaptists enough" to be posted. I'm some what left down. :(
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
My *almost* daily blog: https://milepost81.com/blog/
For railfans: https://milepost81.com/home/random-railfan-posts/