Hutterite colonies gift of song, etc on Youtube Dec. 27

The lighter side of things. A place for humor and joyful things.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Hutterite colonies gift of song, etc on Youtube Dec. 27

Post by MaxPC »

This was sent along to me. The poster put the link to the channel in the description.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBFqByspnAg
1 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
PetrChelcicky
Affiliation: none

Re: Hutterite colonies gift of song, etc on Youtube Dec. 27

Post by PetrChelcicky »

Interesting,
The Bruderhof people around Eberhard Arnold came from the German Youth Movement, thus singing and playing instruments had been very important for them. But when they joined the Hutterite community they had to give up playing instruments (Emmy Arnold in her memoirs mentioned this as the greatest sacrifice they made.) But now the "Decker Band" has no qualms using guitars.
Tempora mutantur.
But they do it very well.
1 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

PetrChelcicky wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:09 pm Interesting,
The Bruderhof people around Eberhard Arnold came from the German Youth Movement, thus singing and playing instruments had been very important for them. But when they joined the Hutterite community they had to give up playing instruments (Emmy Arnold in her memoirs mentioned this as the greatest sacrifice they made.) But now the "Decker Band" has no qualms using guitars.
Tempora mutantur.
But they do it very well.
Interesting observation, Petr. Perhaps it has to do with the particular branch of Hutterites? It is my understanding that both of the Schmiedeleut branches allow instruments in small informal settings but not necessarily in worship services. The more traditional Dariusleut and Lehrerleut branches do not use instruments. My information may be out of date however.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

Here's the event video. Fascinating, I'd like to take the time to watch it some time with the family.

0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

mike wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:21 am Here's the event video. Fascinating, I'd like to take the time to watch it some time with the family.

Thank you for posting that link, Mike. We watched it on Tuesday and enjoyed it thoroughly.
1 x
Max (Plain Catholic)