Best Book Series for Children?

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Best Book Series for Children?

Post by steve-in-kville »

My wife and I are doing some pre-spring cleaning. Getting rid of stuff that hasn't seen the light of day in years. Came across my favorite books as a young teen, Big Red by Jim Kjelgaard. There was a series of these books, all about Irish Setters and living off the land and such. I bought the complete series for my oldest son when he turned 12 (he's 21 now).

Another good, wholesome series is the Little House on the Prairie. Both girls and boys can enjoy them, adults, too.

I think that enjoying a good book as a teenager is becoming a lost thing. Too much technology at our figure tips. Case in point: Who here has a current set of encyclopedias? Our set is from 2001. I can't tell you the last time I pulled one off the shelf. No more researching... its just "look it up on your phone."

So what other book series are in our homes?
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
My *almost* daily blog: https://milepost81.com/blog/
For railfans: https://milepost81.com/home/random-railfan-posts/
violet
Affiliation:

Re: Best Book Series for Children?

Post by violet »

mine enjoy anything by Jean Craighead George.
0 x
SJS
Affiliation: BMA

Post by SJS »

The Grandma's Attic books and others by Arleta Richardson were very much enjoyed by myself as a child, and by our children also. Also the Little House on the Prairie books, Mandie books, Chronicles of Narnia, Christian Heros: Then and Now by Janet & Geoff Benge and and a lot of the great illustrated classics. As you can tell, our kids loved and still do, love reading.
0 x
AnthonyMartin
Affiliation: LMC

Post by AnthonyMartin »

David and Karen Mains "Tales of the Kingdom" Trilogy

https://www.amazon.com/Tales-Kingdom-Da ... 1584740507
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

steve-in-kville wrote:Too much technology at our figure tips.
Yeah, technology that is two rudimentary too choose the write word for the context, but it can handle spell czech just fine. Go finger.

Here's a book series to consider; it might not become a favorite, but may be quite practical.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Somebody
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Somebody »

Anne of Green Gables series is one of my favorites. Along with some of the others already mentioned.
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Somebody wrote:Anne of Green Gables series is one of my favorites. Along with some of the others already mentioned.
I love Anne of Green Gables. Have wanted to visit Prince Edward Island for so long. Now the Amish have moved to PEI. We must go.

My son enjoyed the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
0 x
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

Our children have been loving Dorcas Smucker's books about their everyday family life.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3