Seeking earthly refuge

A place to relate, share, care for, and support one another. A place to share about our daily activities and events around the home.
elshaddai77
Affiliation: Evangelical

Seeking earthly refuge

Post by elshaddai77 »

Hello all been awhile since I have posted on here. Currently the way things are in our world it makes it a place full of distresses in general at times. So many people are being "left out" of the crowd in and it makes hard to find good discipleship at times. Many people don't offer there love freely anymore and have a conditional love towards other in general. Because of this it makes building natural relationships hard, and when this happens you quickly find yourself isolated in a community at times and unable to find support. As a result to continue living your life with at least a sense of comfortableness to some degree and being to continue to pursue life's usual goals and accomplishments you need to find refuge in supportive and stable circles of Christians who are willing to help get you on your feet. This is very much where I am at right now in my stage of walk and would be good to find communities of Mennonites who are able to help. There are other Christians who also I know are experiencing the same problems in our current day and age. We may quickly find that in this era, there will alot of other Christians and those with a moral compass in general who will be seeking aid. I think it would serve God's purposes well if some of the Mennonites started setting up refuge centers for this type of thing.
0 x
elshaddai77

Re: Seeking earthly refuge

Post by elshaddai77 »

I appreciate the views on this post however feeling quite destitute at times and needing help.
0 x
Fidelio
Affiliation: ACCA Friend

Post by Fidelio »

I don't know if I can be of much help, but living near a good church with loving brothers and sisters would be helpful, especially if they have some programs, missions, or other activities to be involved in during the week. My church has Sunday and Wednesday services so it is helpful to me to have that midweek recharge. But maybe I miss your point altogether.
0 x
Convert to Anabaptist truth early 2019; now associated (friend) with the Apostolic Christian Church of America.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

elshaddai,

Are you in Canada or America?
0 x
elshaddai77

Post by elshaddai77 »

I am in Canada.
0 x
Franklin
Affiliation: Old Testament

Post by Franklin »

Why not just attend a local conservative Mennonite church? You can find them here:

https://www.pilgrimministry.org/congregations/map
0 x
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

elshaddai77 wrote:I am in Canada.
What part of Canada? You can PM me if you wish.
0 x