Hunter Biden found Guilty in Gun Case

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Hunter Biden found Guilty in Gun Case

Post by Bootstrap »

Hunter Biden was sentenced on all three counts with respect to a handgun purchase in 2018. His sentencing date has not been set. Lots of details regarding his drug usage came out.

Please use this thread to discuss just this one topic.

The New York Times reports:
Hunter Biden, the president’s son, was convicted on Tuesday of three felonies: lying to a federally licensed gun dealer, which carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in jail; making a false claim on the federal firearms application used to screen applicants, with a sentence of up to five years; and possession of an illegally obtained gun from Oct. 12-23, 2018, which carries a maximum punishment of 10 years.

The crimes stem from the purchase of a handgun by Mr. Biden at one of the low points of his troubled life. He had been addicted to crack cocaine, bouncing in and out of rehab, was divorced, using prostitutes and having money problems.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Bootstrap

Re: Hunter Biden found Guilty in Gun Case

Post by Bootstrap »

The obvious question: what about the other allegations against Hunter Biden?

There are ongoing investigations into potential tax violations, foreign lobbying without proper registration, and suspicious financial transactions. Will any of them actually land?

Quite possibly. I think illegal possession of a firearm was easy to prosecute fairly quickly. It was cut-and-dried. But it would certainly be more interesting to see these other cases brought to court where the evidence can be weighed. This case does very little to tell us what is true and what is not in the allegations I care about most.
0 x
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

Bootstrap wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:36 pm The obvious question: what about the other allegations against Hunter Biden?

There are ongoing investigations into potential tax violations, foreign lobbying without proper registration, and suspicious financial transactions. Will any of them actually land?

Quite possibly. I think illegal possession of a firearm was easy to prosecute fairly quickly. It was cut-and-dried. But it would certainly be more interesting to see these other cases brought to court where the evidence can be weighed. This case does very little to tell us what is true and what is not in the allegations I care about most.
What are the allegations that you care about the most?
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Szdfan wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:42 pm
Bootstrap wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:36 pm The obvious question: what about the other allegations against Hunter Biden?

What are the allegations that you care about the most?
The ones I listed above, but especially allegations that involve Ukraine and Burisma. And especially allegations that claim Joe Biden was also directly involved.

If people are making allegations that vivid and important, I'd like to see them heard in court, since Hunter Biden is a private citizen. And if anything directly implicates Joe Biden, I'd like to see an impeachment proceeding. None of that is happening.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

OP:
Bootstrap wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:53 pm Please use this thread to discuss just this one topic.

:? The “one topic” ?
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

temporal1 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:12 pm OP:
Bootstrap wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:53 pm Please use this thread to discuss just this one topic.

:? The “one topic” ?
Good catch.

Until there's some kind of trial or impeachment proceeding, I do think it's best to focus on what Hunter Biden was actually convicted of.

But also the testimony that came out - clearly, Hunter Biden was living a very sleazy lifestyle, involving loads of money, prostitutes, and drugs. That testimony was under oath. I think most of that had been reported on, but it is now confirmed under oath.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Age 54.
Is it possible this is the first time HB has been told “No”?
Something to think about.
1 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Re: Hunter Biden Plea Deal

Post by Robert »

After learning what he got convicted on, I think there is a 5th Amendment issue and I disagree with the guilty verdict. He had to self incriminate on the gun form and that is what is being used to find him guilty. I am not in favor of this ruling.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Grace

Re: Hunter Biden Plea Deal

Post by Grace »

Robert wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:15 am After learning what he got convicted on, I think there is a 5th Amendment issue and I disagree with the guilty verdict. He had to self incriminate on the gun form and that is what is being used to find him guilty. I am not in favor of this ruling.
This gun violation charge is to distract away from the Biden family's past corruption.
0 x