Is Biden Fit to be President?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Is Biden Fit to be President?

Post by Josh »

mike wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:16 pm
Szdfan wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:31 am
steve-in-kville wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:15 am I typically don't weigh in on this stuff, but I view this along the same line as the Fetterman fiasco: the democrats are proving to the world they can put anyone anywhere they want and get away with it.
It sounds like Fetterman has mostly recovered.
On the issue of supporting Israel, Ben Shapiro has said that Fetterman is one of the biggest surprises in politics recently. Speaking purely politically, I think that one of the best things Biden could do for himself is embrace a few causes such as support for Israel and maybe a few other things to draw away some of the moderates and even conservatives who basically plan to vote for Trump while holding their noses shut. It's likely Biden can't really do that due to the influence of the part of his base that is pro-Palestinian/pro-Hamas.
Biden has been a staunch Israel supporter since day 1. What exactly would you like him to do?
0 x
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

Josh wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:51 pm
Szdfan wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:31 am
It sounds like Fetterman has mostly recovered.
On the issue of supporting Israel, Ben Shapiro has said that Fetterman is one of the biggest surprises in politics recently. Speaking purely politically, I think that one of the best things Biden could do for himself is embrace a few causes such as support for Israel and maybe a few other things to draw away some of the moderates and even conservatives who basically plan to vote for Trump while holding their noses shut. It's likely Biden can't really do that due to the influence of the part of his base that is pro-Palestinian/pro-Hamas.
Biden has been a staunch Israel supporter since day 1. What exactly would you like him to do?
I am not talking about what I would like him to do. I am purely talking about what would be good for him politically to win over more moderates and conservatives, and what those people generally appear to want is stronger American support for Israel's eradication of Hamas. I think particularly with Trump staring at a jail cell right now, it would be an opportune time for Biden to steal a few votes.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Speaking of fitness for president. This is from today.

At least neither Biden nor Trump have actual worms eating their brains (that we know about). You just can't make this stuff up can you? And if RFK Jr. was more than just a egotistical vanity candidate, he would actually be the 2nd oldest president ever elected (after Biden). So he is an old guy too, currently 70 years old.

0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
mike

Post by mike »

Ken wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:37 pm Speaking of fitness for president. This is from today.

At least neither Biden nor Trump have actual worms eating their brains. You just can't make this stuff up can you? And if RFK Jr. was more than just a egotistical vanity candidate, he would actually be the 2nd oldest president ever elected (after Biden). So he is an old guy too, currently 70 years old.
At this point no matter who is elected they will basically be a national embarrassment.
1 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Josh

Post by Josh »

mike wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:24 pm
Josh wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:51 pm

I am not talking about what I would like him to do. I am purely talking about what would be good for him politically to win over more moderates and conservatives, and what those people generally appear to want is stronger American support for Israel's eradication of Hamas. I think particularly with Trump staring at a jail cell right now, it would be an opportune time for Biden to steal a few votes.
I would dare say the evangelical pro Israel voting bloc is going to vote for Trump. American Jews overwhelmingly vote Democratic and that’s not going to change this election either.

All being more explicitly pro Israel would do is convince a lot of Democrats to stay home; Biden’s share of Arabs in polling dropped from over 60% to under 20%.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

mike wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:42 pm
Ken wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:37 pm Speaking of fitness for president. This is from today.

At least neither Biden nor Trump have actual worms eating their brains. You just can't make this stuff up can you? And if RFK Jr. was more than just a egotistical vanity candidate, he would actually be the 2nd oldest president ever elected (after Biden). So he is an old guy too, currently 70 years old.
At this point no matter who is elected they will basically be a national embarrassment.
Perhaps America is an embarrassing nation.

Overweight, obese, overfed, deeply indebted, living beyond her means, skipping out on going to church, falling for every get rich quick scheme that comes her way, warlike, can’t get along with neighbours. Should America really have a prestigious President?
0 x
mike

Post by mike »

Josh wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:44 pm
mike wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:42 pm

Perhaps America is an embarrassing nation.

Overweight, obese, overfed, deeply indebted, living beyond her means, skipping out on going to church, falling for every get rich quick scheme that comes her way, warlike, can’t get along with neighbours. Should America really have a prestigious President?
A good argument could of course be made that the country is getting just what it deserves.
1 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

At least neither Biden nor Trump have actual worms eating their brains (that we know about). You just can't make this stuff up can you? And if RFK Jr. was more than just a egotistical vanity candidate, he would actually be the 2nd oldest president ever elected (after Biden). So he is an old guy too, currently 70 years old.

It probably starved to death.
1 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

RZehr wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:14 pm

It probably starved to death.
Or was poisoned.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

I'm more curious about how the worm got into his brain.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford