Hunter Biden Plea Deal

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Hunter Biden Plea Deal

Post by Grace »

Josh wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:44 am The rules are that the elite can spew forth as many greenhouse gases as they want; the rest of us are supposed to deal with unaffordable gasoline and crushing electric and heat bills.
Agreed. What do you call leaders "who make rules for thee, but not for me"? Reminds me of Marie Antoinette, who didn't care how much her subjects suffered, while she lived a lavish lifestyle.
0 x
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Post by justme »

Grace wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:15 pm I think she is there in part, to intimidate the Jury. Of course, I have no proof of that, but the with the low character qualities of this family, I certainly wouldn't put it past them.
this bothers me
if you have no proof of it, what is the reason for speaking it?
0 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm also entitled to ignore that nonsense. another fb meme
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Grace wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:57 am
Grace wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:15 pm But this is a cold unfeeling woman who for several years shut out and refused to acknowledge her one little granddaughter.
First, Hunter Biden is not Jill’s son.
If Hunter is not her son, then Hunter's daughters are not her granddaughters. You can't have it both ways.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

ohio jones wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:10 pm
Grace wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:15 pm But this is a cold unfeeling woman who for several years shut out and refused to acknowledge her one little granddaughter.
If Hunter is not her son, then Hunter's daughters are not her granddaughters. You can't have it both ways.
Fine; we would have liked to see Mr Biden choose to acknowledge his granddaughter.
0 x
Grace

Post by Grace »

ohio jones wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:10 pm
You are right. Thanks for pointing that out. I should have included the fact that Jill Biden acknowledged her step grandchildren, except for one.
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Ken wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:27 pm Any thing on Joe Biden's part that broke any laws or provided any grounds to impeach Joe Biden?
Yes. Herr found enough but said he was too senile to take to trial. This is him having classified documents when he had no authority to have them. Yes, he turned them back in. Does this mean a bank robber who returns the money once he is caught should go free too? I do not think they should.

There is lots of evidence that has been found and more investigations going on. I suspect it will all be dropped after the election.
2 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Robert wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:34 am
Ken wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:27 pm Any thing on Joe Biden's part that broke any laws or provided any grounds to impeach Joe Biden?
Yes. Herr found enough but said he was too senile to take to trial. This is him having classified documents when he had no authority to have them. Yes, he turned them back in. Does this mean a bank robber who returns the money once he is caught should go free too? I do not think they should.

There is lots of evidence that has been found and more investigations going on. I suspect it will all be dropped after the election.
Biden got the identical treatment as both Mike Pence and Trump himself and every other previous president or Vice President on the retention of classified documents. All three of them had documents in their possession after their terms of office. All three of them returned documents when they were discovered. None of them were charged for this.

All of Trump's document-related charges are for documents that he inexplicitly DIDN'T return after their discovery. And that he actively obstructed the government in recovering. Something that neither Mike Pence nor Joe Biden did.
1 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Grace

Post by Grace »

Ken wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:00 am

Biden got the identical treatment as both Mike Pence and Trump himself and every other previous president or Vice President on the retention of classified documents. All three of them had documents in their possession after their terms of office. All three of them returned documents when they were discovered. None of them were charged for this.
Let's get our facts correct here. Joe Biden did NOT return the classified documents when they were discovered. He knew he had them all along after he left the VP office and DIDN'T report them for 7 years. Joe Biden shared classified information with his ghostwriter, way back in 2017 for his memoir "Promise Me, Dad". Add to that, he lied (no surprise there) and said they were all under lock and key. But photos revealed they were stored willy nilly in boxes, here and there, even in his garage by his Corvette.

From the NARA website.
“If a former President or Vice President finds Presidential records among personal materials, he or she is expected to contact NARA in a timely manner to secure the transfer of those Presidential records to NARA.”
https://www.archives.gov/press/press-re ... %20reports

Seven years is NOT a “timely” manner.
All of Trump's document-related charges are for documents that he inexplicitly DIDN'T return after their discovery. And that he actively obstructed the government in recovering. Something that neither Mike Pence nor Joe Biden did.
Once again, it is a proven and well known fact that Joe Biden did not return the classified documents after their discovery. He knew he had them since 2017.

The Hur Report verified Joe Biden's guilt,
"Our investigation uncovered evidence that President Biden willfully retained and disclosed classified materials after his vice presidency when he was a private citizen,"

Biden broke the laws , but wasn’t charged because he is an “elderly man with a poor memory”.
1 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Biden broke the laws , but wasn’t charged because he is an “elderly man with a poor memory”.
i have no problem with this (not wrt to human law, i’m not a lawyer) but, i’m glad for grace for an impaired man.

It doesn’t follow he is fit for elected office, esp not one that includes being CIC.
Talk about demanding to “have it both ways!” This one’s eye-popping.

The DNC cabal believes they are so powerful they can get away with it.

i believe it’s a cabal, of career politicians, not DNC alone.
Too bad they didn’t get a much-needed wake up call in 2016.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

temporal1 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:40 am
Josh wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:44 am The rules are that the elite can spew forth as many greenhouse gases as they want; the rest of us are supposed to deal with unaffordable gasoline and crushing electric and heat bills.
100%
i often think, when it’s clear the wealthy+self-centered are “running for high ground” in authentic fear of “climate change” the world will know there is something dire to consider. [Something more dire than THEIR speculative financial investments.]

‘Cause, i have no doubt the wealthy+self-centered are THE MOST TIMID-COWARDLY about their ungodly material existence.
Their treasures are not in heaven.
“How taxpayers will pick up majority of cost for Jill Biden's flights”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ho ... ds#image=1
Taxpayers will pick up the majority of the cost for Jill Biden's whirlwind flights between Wilmington, Delaware, and France so she could be at son Hunter's side during his federal gun trial although the Democratic Party will chip in some funds.

The first lady racked up $345,400 in flight costs,
the National Taxpayers Union Foundation estimated, as she boomeranged between the United States and France last week, traveling separately from husband Joe Biden so she could support her family at home while also representing the United States abroad. Her political party will repay the government for what it would cost for her to fly commercially with taxpayers footing the rest of the bill.
report/slideshow continues ..

Wouldn’t it be more accurate to use the words, “stepsons” and “stepgrandchildren” wrt to Joe’s children?
Ashley is their bio daughter? Navy is Joe’s bio granddaughter. Were there legal adoptions?

i have doubts about any great bond between Jill and Hunter. People and their charades.
Esp in politics. Hunter’s got to be a terrific thorn in their sides.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN