Bunny Trails: Politics

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
R7ehr
Affiliation: C. Mennonite

Re: Bunny Trails: Politics

Post by R7ehr »

Nikki Haley signs Israeli missile with 'Finish Them' message

https://www.indiatoday.in/amp/world/sto ... 2024-05-29
0 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Ukrainian president Zelensky visited Scranton PA.

Post by Grace »

Ken wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 12:13 pm
Grace wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:45 am
Ken wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:39 am

No, he just forwards and promotes those kinds of images on his Truth Social page
A weak argument. Bombs kill people, photos don't. How many people will be brutally killed by the bomb Josh Shapiro signed? How do you think the loved ones, the fathers and mothers, the wives and children, would feel if they knew that people in the U.S. celebrated that bomb, that killed their loved ones?
They are defending against an invading army bent on genocide. Have you not spoken out here on this forum about the right of countries like Israel to defend themselves from invasion? Russia could end their invasion tomorrow if they wanted.
I don't recall speaking about countries having the right to defend themselves.
But all politicians celebrate the military and military weaponry. Not just Democratic ones. If I recall it was Trump who wanted to bring out tank battalions for annual 4th of July parade in Washington DC down Pennsylvania Avenue until the Pentagon finally convinced him it was a bad idea because they would destroy the roads.
And I condemn any and all celebrations around killing machines, even Donald Trump's. I understand that killing happens when war occurs, but celebrating killing is disgusting.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

ohio jones wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:30 am
Ken wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:55 am Yes, that is so unseemly when politicians do it, isn't it?
Except Trump didn't "do" that. It's from the hyperactive imagination of a guy who says this about himself:
I'm an artist, I like history and drawing weird things.
No, he just forwards and promotes those kinds of images on his Truth Social page
You're about the last person I'd suspect of visiting Trump's Truth Social page, but whatevers.

Yes, we all know he's a narcissist and will promote anything that makes him look good. But has he actually signed any missiles?
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

ohio jones wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 12:49 pm
ohio jones wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:30 am
Except Trump didn't "do" that. It's from the hyperactive imagination of a guy who says this about himself:
You're about the last person I'd suspect of visiting Trump's Truth Social page, but whatevers.

Yes, we all know he's a narcissist and will promote anything that makes him look good. But has he actually signed any missiles?
I don’t visit his Truth Social page. But it keeps leaking out which is as he intends.

I believe the criticism was politicians who celebrate bombs and a culture of death. Whatever that means. And I expect you will find that every politician since George Washington has celebrated militarism in one form or another. Celebrated military spending. Celebrated military victories. And celebrated military alliances. It is what politicians do.

Is signing one bomb worse than signing the budget bill that builds a million of them? Or signing the order that sends them to their targets? You tell me.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr