What if DJT Gets Impeached?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Valerie

Re: What if DJT Gets Impeached?

Post by Valerie »

appleman2006 wrote:
Dan Z wrote:They are crafty and power-hungry...but they're not crazy. :)
There was a time I would of agreed with this statement.
Honestly, the description I hear most is "insane".
0 x
appleman2006

Post by appleman2006 »

I understand the power struggle part of all of this. that is as old as time itself.
What I have troubled understanding what it is that seems to drive that vast majority of the extreme left into this almost panic mode.
Do they actually believe the right will round them all up and throw them into gas chambers? Is it really that they fear they might lose the right to choose abortions? I genuinely would like to get inside their heads and see what it is that seems to fuel their fear and hatred.
0 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

appleman2006 wrote:I understand the power struggle part of all of this. that is as old as time itself.
What I have troubled understanding what it is that seems to drive that vast majority of the extreme left into this almost panic mode.
Do they actually believe the right will round them all up and throw them into gas chambers? Is it really that they fear they might lose the right to choose abortions? I genuinely would like to get inside their heads and see what it is that seems to fuel their fear and hatred.
Really, you should spend some time reading what they write and listening to what they say.

When right-wing media makes up these vivid pictures of "the left" and you compare this to things being said and written by the same people they call "the left", there's not a lot of resemblance. And I think you see it on this thread, too. The panic mode posts on this thread seem to be coming from people with strong identity with the political right.

I don't think panic leads to wisdom. I don't think putting our trust in a political wing or a political figure leads to wisdom.
0 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

appleman2006 wrote:I understand the power struggle part of all of this. that is as old as time itself.
You don't need to look inside their heads. It is obvious many have an evil force within them that causes them to hate anyone who is pro-life, pro-Israel, and pro-Christian.
0 x
Grace

Post by Grace »

Bootstrap wrote:
Really, you should spend some time reading what they write and listening to what they say.

When right-wing media makes up these vivid pictures of "the left" and you compare this to things being said and written by the same people they call "the left", there's not a lot of resemblance. And I think you see it on this thread, too. The panic mode posts on this thread seem to be coming from people with strong identity with the political right.

I don't think panic leads to wisdom. I don't think putting our trust in a political wing or a political figure leads to wisdom.
LOL...pot calling the kettle black.
0 x
JimFoxvog

Post by JimFoxvog »

Grace wrote: You don't need to look inside their heads. It is obvious many have an evil force within them that causes them to hate anyone who is pro-life, pro-Israel, and pro-Christian.
This sounds like what is called "demonizing" others so that they can be mistreated. Abortionists call the unborn baby a "parasite" so it can be killed.

Some on the right-wing say the left has an evil force within them. Many that I know would be considered on the left and none of them "hate anyone who is pro-life, pro-Israel, and pro-Christian." They do not believe that a fetus is a human being, but they don't hate those who do. Many of the left are Zionists, but many others think the Palestinians should have human rights also. And many on the left not only don't hate those that are pro-Christian, they are Christians.
0 x
JimFoxvog

Post by JimFoxvog »

mike wrote:The War on Pence starts.
Today's testimony suggested that Pence was in on the extortion scheme. If he was, it would be right and just to impeach and remove him also, but this is about politics, not justice. Also removing Pence would not be politically popular, so it will not be done.
0 x
Grace

Post by Grace »

JimFoxvog wrote:
Grace wrote: You don't need to look inside their heads. It is obvious many have an evil force within them that causes them to hate anyone who is pro-life, pro-Israel, and pro-Christian.
This sounds like what is called "demonizing" others so that they can be mistreated. Abortionists call the unborn baby a "parasite" so it can be killed.

Some on the right-wing say the left has an evil force within them. Many that I know would be considered on the left and none of them "hate anyone who is pro-life, pro-Israel, and pro-Christian." They do not believe that a fetus is a human being, but they don't hate those who do. Many of the left are Zionists, but many others think the Palestinians should have human rights also. And many on the left not only don't hate those that are pro-Christian, they are Christians.
In my prior post I mentioned "not all". Maybe I was to harsh in my prior posts, I apologize for that.
0 x
barnhart

Post by barnhart »

I suspect the left is not as willing to be sidelined as they have been in the past by conservative factions of their own party and by Republicans. Try to see it from their perspective, they have a clear majority of voters nation wide and deep support even in Red states, yet they have been out of the white house for 24 of the last 36 years, they have not held a significant majority in the senate in recent memory, and the supreme court has a majority on the right through sheer obstruction.
0 x
Fidelio
Affiliation: ACCA Friend

Post by Fidelio »

barnhart wrote:
I suspect the left is not as willing to be sidelined as they have been in the past by conservative factions of their own party and by Republicans. Try to see it from their perspective, they have a clear majority of voters nation wide and deep support even in Red states, yet they have been out of the white house for 24 of the last 36 years, they have not held a significant majority in the senate in recent memory, and the supreme court has a majority on the right through sheer obstruction.
I think that all the right has done is attempt to slow down the destruction being wreaked by the left on our society. I see no reason to have sympathy for the left, other than to hope and pray that individuals of that mindset would be freed by the Word of God so they would no longer support immoral and destructive causes. But insofar as they fail in their liberal causes, we should cheer (not to razz them, but in private with thankfulness to God).
0 x
Convert to Anabaptist truth early 2019; now associated (friend) with the Apostolic Christian Church of America.