Conspiracy theory?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
steve-in-kville

Re: Conspiracy theory?

Post by steve-in-kville »

Judas Maccabeus wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:12 am
So it comes down to a choice between Trump and “side chick.” Boy I am glad I don’t vote.
You said "side chick". Made me chuckle. Haven't heard that one in a while 8-)
0 x
Judas Maccabeus

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:20 am
So it comes down to a choice between Trump and “side chick.” Boy I am glad I don’t vote.
How else can I describe it?
0 x
steve-in-kville

Post by steve-in-kville »

Judas Maccabeus wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:24 am
steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:20 am
How else can I describe it?
Not saying you're wrong.... :D
0 x
Outsider

Post by Outsider »

Valerie wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:19 am
Ken wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:19 am
Weird that they were really living in terror of Michelle Obama when she has never expressed the slightest interest in politics.
Well well, I wonder why we don't trust that party at all? They can pull fast ones at any time- (time after time against President Trump) so no wonder we speculate in this manner.
I guarantee you Michelle was approached- but rebuffed the suggestion.
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Ken wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:25 am
RZehr wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:28 am I don’t believe what happened was the result of any conspiracy at all. The Democratic power broker would never have succeeded in disposing of Biden if he was able to hold is faculties together. The way I see it, is he self destructed. And only after that, did people call for his head.
So while the conspiracy theorists were correct in predicting that he would be replaced, they were (arguably) wrong (as usual :) ) about there being a shadowy cabal dumping him.
I would have been more impressed if someone had predicted that Biden would have become to obviously slow, that the party would replace him.
Yeah. I don't think there was any master plan at all.

I think Biden was stubbornly determined to run and determined to stay in the race until it basically became clear to even his closest advisors that he no longer had a viable path forward.

Funny how they all dismissed the idea that it would be Kamala Harris and were obsessed with the notion that Michelle Obama would be the nominee. She really lives inside their heads for some reason. Which is weird because she disdains politics and has no interest in it. I'm surprised they weren't talking about it being Hillary. She is usually involved in most GOP conspiracy theories and is 2 years younger than Trump.
It is because 1) Harris was rejected when she was going to run for president in 2020 . 2) She has not had favor with the people in either party. 3) Dems lived the Obama's and Michelle's name has come up through the years as a possibility - people seemed to like her much more than Harris, plus it would give them another Obama presidency. Since B. Obama seems involved anyway, why would it surprise anyone?
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Apparently the director of FBI Christopher Wray is questioning whether Trump really got shot or not.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Valerie wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 1:18 pm Apparently the director of FBI Christopher Wray is questioning whether Trump really got shot or not.
He is saying it isn't clear whether he was struck directly by a bullet, or by debris from a bullet that struck the podium. Which it apparently isn't.

Shrug. How is that a conspiracy?
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Josh

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 1:35 pm
Valerie wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 1:18 pm Apparently the director of FBI Christopher Wray is questioning whether Trump really got shot or not.
He is saying it isn't clear whether he was struck directly by a bullet, or by debris from a bullet that struck the podium. Which it apparently isn't.

The event was captured on live video, seen by thousands of people live, and has numerous pictures and additional videos shot of it. The podium doesn't appear to take any damage.

Ken, in case you aren't aware, there is a bizarro-world conspiracy theory going around that Trump staged the whole thing and faked being shot. It is very irresponsible for the FBI to feed into these kind of conspiracy theories. I also think it is an attempt to minimise and downplay the problem of left-wing violence.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 1:40 pm
Ken wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 1:35 pm

The event was captured on live video, seen by thousands of people live, and has numerous pictures and additional videos shot of it. The podium doesn't appear to take any damage.

Ken, in case you aren't aware, there is a bizarro-world conspiracy theory going around that Trump staged the whole thing and faked being shot. It is very irresponsible for the FBI to feed into these kind of conspiracy theories. I also think it is an attempt to minimise and downplay the problem of left-wing violence.
Back here in the real world, this is what Trump's hand-picked FBI director said under oath:
“There’s some question about whether or not it’s a bullet or shrapnel that hit his ear,” Wray testified. “As I sit here right now, I don’t know whether that bullet, in addition to causing the grazing, could have also landed somewhere else.”
Presumably he is in a position to know.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Josh

Post by Josh »

The fact he was picked by Trump doesn’t make him any more credible to me.
0 x