Pence's discomfort at Trump's statement is palpable

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
puttincomputers
Affiliation: Red-Letter Anabap

Re: Pence's discomfort at Trump's statement is palpable

Post by puttincomputers »

Wow, 10 years ago all of you would be calling for Obama's resignation if he made a joke like this. But suddenly it is ok because it was said by your messiah Trump about his wife, who is possibly a communist plant (her dad was a well-to-do communist party member). Come out of her my people.

(I would like to say that I actually don't have a problem with jokes of this nature typically, even if it wasn't about his wife. I am simply alerting people to the fact that Trump is not the "moral" hero that they wish him to be.)
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

I watched that and that went right over my head. It never occurred to me that he was engaged in double speak. I thought he was simply saying he was not as experienced as others with pandemic models.
0 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

puttincomputers wrote:Wow, 10 years ago all of you would be calling for Obama's resignation if he made a joke like this. But suddenly it is ok because it was said by your messiah Trump about his wife, who is possibly a communist plant (her dad was a well-to-do communist party member). Come out of her my people.

(I would like to say that I actually don't have a problem with jokes of this nature typically, even if it wasn't about his wife. I am simply alerting people to the fact that Trump is not the "moral" hero that they wish him to be.)
Now I heard it all, Melania Trump...a Communist plant !?!

As for Obama, You do know that Obama started his political career in the living room of terrorist and Weather Underground leader Bill Ayers. Weather Underground was a communist revolutionary group and also known for conducting the bombing of public buildings.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Ayers

Also, as a community organizer, Obama was an Alinsky student. Alinsky called for active destruction of minority communities in order to exploit their distress and anger as a way to advance the destruction of capitalist society.

As yes we know that Trump is not a moral hero.
0 x
Rdm
Affiliation: Non-trad. Menno

Post by Rdm »

puttincomputers wrote:Wow, 10 years ago all of you would be calling for Obama's resignation if he made a joke like this. But suddenly it is ok because it was said by your messiah Trump about his wife, who is possibly a communist plant (her dad was a well-to-do communist party member). Come out of her my people.

I wouldn't have a problem with Obama or a preacher making that pun, if it were true of their wife. How is it immoral?
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

I dislike President Trump's personality and I do not see him as a very moral person, but I have no idea why this comment would even be discussed. It is a pun, as he often does. He was actually admitting he does not know much about the models they are using. He relies on the experts to interpret for him. There are plenty of things he says that I really dislike. This is a nothing burger for me.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
puttincomputers

Grace wrote:

Now I heard it all, Melania Trump...a Communist plant !?!

As for Obama, You do know that Obama started his political career in the living room of terrorist and Weather Underground leader Bill Ayers. Weather Underground was a communist revolutionary group and also known for conducting the bombing of public buildings.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Ayers

Also, as a community organizer, Obama was an Alinsky student. Alinsky called for active destruction of minority communities in order to exploit their distress and anger as a way to advance the destruction of capitalist society.

As yes we know that Trump is not a moral hero.
Apparently, you have no idea who I am? I was a right-wing anti-Obamaite 10 years ago. I even got banned from several non-political forums because I spread my hatred of Obama there. I still don't like Obama much, but for different reasons.

Also, about Melania. Can you explain how her dad, a card carrying member of the Communist Party, never served time when the Communist Government caught him? Rather suspicious that... https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/me ... ar-BBMuMZb
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

puttincomputers wrote:Also, about Melania. Can you explain how her dad, a card carrying member of the Communist Party, never served time when the Communist Government caught him? Rather suspicious that... https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/me ... ar-BBMuMZb
So children are guilty of the sins of their parents? Jesus suggests otherwise.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
puttincomputers

Robert wrote:
puttincomputers wrote:Also, about Melania. Can you explain how her dad, a card carrying member of the Communist Party, never served time when the Communist Government caught him? Rather suspicious that... https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/me ... ar-BBMuMZb
So children are guilty of the sins of their parents? Jesus suggests otherwise.
Of course not. However, the fact that Melania lied about her past to get a green card and subsequently married a twice divorced playboy that later became President is rather suspicious to me.
0 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Robert wrote:I dislike President Trump's personality and I do not see him as a very moral person, but I have no idea why this comment would even be discussed. It is a pun, as he often does. He was actually admitting he does not know much about the models they are using. He relies on the experts to interpret for him. There are plenty of things he says that I really dislike. This is a nothing burger for me.
I agree. There are more substantive things to worry about.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Josh wrote:And the lying press continues to ask inane questions.
Sometimes the press is quite literally reading transcripts of what Trump said, and Trump tells them he didn't say those things. I think it would be better if he answered directly, supplying the truth, instead of accusing them of lying. Because ... for the most part ... they don't seem to be in these press conferences. And most of the questions seem clearly relevant.

Any leader in charge of something like this is going to have to answer questions. Including tough questions. Every president in my lifetime has. Especially at a press conference. Calling them names, taking offense, talking about "nasty" tones of voice or questions ... that gets old for me. It doesn't make him look like an adult who is in charge and can confidently answer simple questions. Get the information out. Answer directly and truthfully.

Truthfulness and information are important in a crisis. The amount of actual information in these press conferences is small enough that they could be much, much shorter and less of a show.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?