Louis Farrakhan on Jesus at the Million Man March

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Humble Disciple
Affiliation: Protestant

Re: Louis Farrakhan on Jesus at the Million Man March

Post by Humble Disciple »

After giving it much thought, I believe that Malcolm X was right to leave the Nation of Islam and establish his own organization more in line with traditional, mainstream Islam. While the Million Man March was indeed an impressive accomplishment, Louis Farrakhan is otherwise not an example of a reliable teacher of Islam.
0 x
Dan Z
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Dan Z »

Humble Disciple wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:17 pm After giving it much thought, I believe that Malcolm X was right to leave the Nation of Islam and establish his own organization more in line with traditional, mainstream Islam. While the Million Man March was indeed an impressive accomplishment, Louis Farrakhan is otherwise not an example of a reliable teacher of Islam.
Wow - it's not often on MennoNet (or elsewhere for that matter) that someone admits to changing their mind significantly like this. Commendations Humble Disciple for an open mind, the humility to admit a change of heart, and for the power of persuasion.
0 x
Humble Disciple
Affiliation: Protestant

Post by Humble Disciple »

Dan Z wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:46 pm
Humble Disciple wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:17 pm After giving it much thought, I believe that Malcolm X was right to leave the Nation of Islam and establish his own organization more in line with traditional, mainstream Islam. While the Million Man March was indeed an impressive accomplishment, Louis Farrakhan is otherwise not an example of a reliable teacher of Islam.
Wow - it's not often on MennoNet (or elsewhere for that matter) that someone admits to changing their mind significantly like this. Commendations Humble Disciple for an open mind, the humility to admit a change of heart, and for the power of persuasion.
All that needed to happen is I spoke with a real-life black Muslim regarding his misgivings related to Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam, including the fact that white Muslims aren't allowed inside to pray.
0 x