Good Things About The Biden Presidency

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Good Things About The Biden Presidency

Post by RZehr »

We had an exact same thread to say things we liked about the Trump Presidency. Here is what that OP said it the Trump thread:
I’ve heard many people say specific things they don’t like, such as dishonesty, morals, etc.
I also hear people allude that there are things they like.
What are some of the specific things you like about Trump, or his policies, or his administration etc.? Especially things that you think may be unique to this administration vs other Republicans.
Let’s use this thread to do the same with Biden. Remember, only good things you appreciate, no listing his faults, sins, crimes, or poor decisions etc.
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Good Things About The Biden Presidency

Post by Bootstrap »

I really appreciated Biden's choice of Merrick Garland. I actually spent the time to listen to this shortened version of the hearings, and I appreciated Merrick Garland's direct answers to direct questions:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/lawfare-pod ... ee-no-bull

I think Merrick Garland is a straight-shooter who cares deeply about the rule of law and is in it for the right reasons. And I think rebuilding the DOJ is a very high priority for anyone who cares about the rule of law.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

RZehr wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:25 pm We had an exact same thread to say things we liked about the Trump Presidency. Here is what that OP said it the Trump thread:
I’ve heard many people say specific things they don’t like, such as dishonesty, morals, etc.
I also hear people allude that there are things they like.
What are some of the specific things you like about Trump, or his policies, or his administration etc.? Especially things that you think may be unique to this administration vs other Republicans.
Let’s use this thread to do the same with Biden. Remember, only good things you appreciate, no listing his faults, sins, crimes, or poor decisions etc.
If it’s like the other thread, then half the posts will be criticism of the current President.
1 x
Dan Z
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Dan Z »

I'm hopeful the Biden administration will be able to follow through on their campaign promise to try to abolish the federal death penalty. Frankly, I was very disappointed with the flurry of federal executions that took place in the last months of the former administration. :(
1 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

He got out of Afghanistan.
2 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

He has run a scandal-free administration so far. None of his appointees have been indicted or resigned in scandal.
1 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Please remember the purpose of this thread. If you can not think of any, then please do not post. Start another about the bad things.
2 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

i appreciate how he/his administration has many rethinking their choices+views.
including young people.

i enjoy witnessing young people’s eyes opening to the notion there is “more than 1 way to skin a cat.”
definitely a good thing. :)
1 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

He has run a very clean and scandal-free administration so far. No one in his administration has been indicted or has had to resign in disgrace due to corruption.
3 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Ken wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:41 pm He has run a very clean and scandal-free administration so far. No one in his administration has been indicted or has had to resign in disgrace due to corruption.
It will be interesting to see how the Hunter Biden charges will ay out because his father was caught lying about his knowledge & involvement. I dont consider that scandal free.

I do enjoy the stories he tells about himself. For example, he was talking to some audience about growing up in the summer. He said he was in the pool and he had blonde hair on his legs and how the kids would like to rub his hairy legs and how his blonde hair glistened in the sun on his legs. You have to admit that must have held his audience captive. He's food at storytelling.
1 x