Not Another Headcovering Thread (Really)

General Christian Theology
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Not Another Headcovering Thread (Really)

Post by Grace »

Judas Maccabeus wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 9:57 pm
Grace wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:01 am
Judas Maccabeus wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 9:53 am

Asked my wife. Joyce is still in business, and she can be reached here:

https://joycescoverings.com

I believe she is a member of a church in our conference. That being said, a few years ago she stopped making traditional "Kapp" style veils for people not living in her immediate area. I would suspect that Switzerland would not be in her immediate area. They are not advertised on her website. That is what my wife wears, so she got her last set from someone in my own state, Maryland. If this is what your wife needs, please PM me.

Joyce only makes Kapp style coverings for the women in Keystone Conference.
But not ALL the women in Keystone. Just the ones in her area. She declined to make my wife’s as well as our pastors wife. Reason: we live in Maryland. We are most assuredly Keystone.
I didn't know that. More and more women are moving to the white veil and I know they are much easier to make.
0 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Not Another Headcovering Thread (Really)

Post by Grace »

Swiss Bro wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 12:52 am My wife has discovered sowing as a hobby so she should be able to make some herself. Plus she raided the Garlands webshop before they shut down. :lol:
"Sowing" head coverings. Where can I purchase the seeds? :D :lol:

That aside, I wish the best to your wife in her sewing hobby. I love to sew and in the end you have a better quality garment than some of the items you buy off the rack.
0 x