Imanuel Swedenborg

General Christian Theology
Fidelio
Affiliation: ACCA Friend

Re: Imanuel Swedenborg

Post by Fidelio »

MichaelPA wrote:
Fidelio wrote:
MichaelPA wrote:Thanks for the book recommendation. Does Randy Alcorn have first hand knowledge of the afterlife, or is he guessing from reading the Bible? There are many who have actually seen and been to Heaven, by which I mean those that have had near death experiences and some Christian mystics like Swedenborg and Sadhu Sundar Singh. Why not see what they have to say about the afterlife from their first hand experiences.
I don't recall that Randy Alcorn ever had a near death experience. I don't have the book anymore as I loaned it to a lady at work who did have a near death experience and haven't gotten it back yet. I would not say Randy is guessing so much as presenting his analysis of the Biblical texts, but again, it has been a while since I read it (probably 2-3 years), but I thought it was a very good book.

A good book on near death experience that I have read and would recommend is,

90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper
I have Don Piper's book. It is a good read. I shall have to get Randy Alcorn's book.
I should note another book that I read, which I picked up at a library book sale. It is quite the opposite of Don Piper's book: 23 Minutes In Hell: One Man's Story About What He Saw, Heard, and Felt in that Place of Torment
by Bill Wiese

I am not sure what to make of it but it was a fascinating read.
0 x
Convert to Anabaptist truth early 2019; now associated (friend) with the Apostolic Christian Church of America.
MichaelPA
Affiliation: Christian

Post by MichaelPA »

Fidelio wrote:
MichaelPA wrote:
Fidelio wrote:
I don't recall that Randy Alcorn ever had a near death experience. I don't have the book anymore as I loaned it to a lady at work who did have a near death experience and haven't gotten it back yet. I would not say Randy is guessing so much as presenting his analysis of the Biblical texts, but again, it has been a while since I read it (probably 2-3 years), but I thought it was a very good book.

A good book on near death experience that I have read and would recommend is,

90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper
I have Don Piper's book. It is a good read. I shall have to get Randy Alcorn's book.
I should note another book that I read, which I picked up at a library book sale. It is quite the opposite of Don Piper's book: 23 Minutes In Hell: One Man's Story About What He Saw, Heard, and Felt in that Place of Torment
by Bill Wiese

I am not sure what to make of it but it was a fascinating read.
Yes, I have read that book. It is quite horrific!
0 x
queserasera_2
Affiliation:

Post by queserasera_2 »

And yet, there is a great gulf fixed...... :-|
0 x