odd website

General Christian Theology
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

odd website

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Does anyone know who is behind this website?
https://www.rivalnations.org

J.M.
0 x
:hug:
PeterG
Affiliation: Conserv. Mennonite

Re: odd website

Post by PeterG »

I like that they're self-aware about their logo.
0 x
"It is a weird" —Ken
Reflecting
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Reflecting »

And explaining their logo, they keep talking about how God died.
0 x
”reflectthelight” in MDland
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Reflecting wrote:And explaining their logo, they keep talking about how God died.
That didn't strike me as much as the absence of the resurrection.

The site as a whole appears to have some really good stuff as well as some really weird stuff. But I see the OP's question has been answered elsewhere.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Reflecting
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Reflecting »

ohio jones wrote:
Reflecting wrote:And explaining their logo, they keep talking about how God died.
That didn't strike me as much as the absence of the resurrection.

The site as a whole appears to have some really good stuff as well as some really weird stuff. But I see the OP's question has been answered elsewhere.
Where?
0 x
”reflectthelight” in MDland
Admiral Acbon
Affiliation: BMA

Post by Admiral Acbon »

They seem to like saying "nonviolence". From what I've observed elsewhere (the mission field at https://www.facebook.com/groups/MennoNerds), that term is used by liberals claiming some sort of Anabaptist affiliation and indicates a mindset of active resistance to the use of force by even governments.

After reaching their Facebook page, I found Facebook's 'Related Pages'- one is a libertarian writer and two advocate anarchy.

Apparently, they're somewhere on the libertarian-to-anarchy continuum. Their lack of openness about WHO they are is fishy.
Last edited by Admiral Acbon on Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Admiral Acbon wrote:They seem to like saying "nonviolence". From what I've observed elsewhere (the mission field at https://www.facebook.com/groups/MennoNerds), that term is used by liberals claiming some sort of Anabaptist affiliation and indicates a mindset of active resistance to the use of force by even governments.
And despite their commitment to "nonviolence", they often seem comfortable being bedfellows with quite-violent movements, like antifa.
0 x