Ephesians 5: "Shameful even to speak"

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Ephesians 5: "Shameful even to speak"

Post by temporal1 »

Grace wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:30 am :(
Yesterday at a White House press briefing John Kirby, said it is “a foundational sacred obligation of military leaders” to pay for leave and travel reimbursement for abortions. Also to pay for "reproductive care", which includes abortions. He called it the right thing to do for Americans who volunteer to serve in the U.S. military, to have abortions covered for women in the military or the wives of men in the military. He went on to claim that the military will lose “talent” because they don’t cover abortions. My thoughts were that if these service people are so smart and talented, why weren’t they smart enough to use birth control?

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4102 ... on-policy/

It is shameful and very sad, when providing and paying for abortions is deemed as a “sacred” obligation. :(

Isaiah 5:20
“Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness;
that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Outsider / Spoken Word / ”Spiritual Warfare is real”
viewtopic.php?t=5885

HondurasKeiser / History / ”Paganism”
viewtopic.php?t=5656

Evil in the U.S. White House did not begin with this administration.
i don’t believe there has been one so unapologetic, instead, proud and determined, to promote evil everywhere on earth.
Not different, just more+worse. Worse+worse.

Admittedly, bathing the White House in pagan ritualistic lights was brazen. (Also, not the beginning.)
That was just a conquering celebration of what was to follow.

They are never satisfied, because they~can’t~be. Impossible.

John 4:14
https://biblehub.com/john/4-14.htm
13Jesus said to her, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again.

14But whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst.
Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a fount of water springing up to eternal life.”

15The woman said to Him,
“Sir, give me this water so that I will not get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”…

No one can teach what they do not know.

Christians are foolish to think for one moment, “They’re only asking for _______. Then, they will be happy.” No. Not possible.
Without Jesus, no satiety, no peace.

As Jesus, Himself, told us, in plain language.
1 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Grace wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:30 am Yesterday at a White House press briefing John Kirby, said it is “a foundational sacred obligation of military leaders” to pay for leave and travel reimbursement for abortions. Also to pay for "reproductive care", which includes abortions.

He called it the right thing to do for Americans who volunteer to serve in the U.S. military, to have abortions covered for women in the military or the wives of men in the military. He went on to claim that the military will lose “talent” because they don’t cover abortions. My thoughts were that if these service people are so smart and talented, why weren’t they smart enough to use birth control?

It is shameful and very sad, when providing and paying for abortions is deemed as a “sacred” obligation.

Isaiah 5:20
"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness;
that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Blasphemy. In words+actions. “Shameful even to speak.”
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

In the new trans-national progressive religion, abortion is indeed “sacred” and is basically one of their esteemed religious rituals. A few of them have even stated such.
1 x
Falco Knotwise
Affiliation: Roman Catholic

Post by Falco Knotwise »

Grace wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:30 am Yesterday at a White House press briefing John Kirby, said it is “a foundational sacred obligation of military leaders” to pay for leave and travel reimbursement for abortions. Also to pay for "reproductive care", which includes abortions. He called it the right thing to do for Americans who volunteer to serve in the U.S. military, to have abortions covered for women in the military or the wives of men in the military. He went on to claim that the military will lose “talent” because they don’t cover abortions. My thoughts were that if these service people are so smart and talented, why weren’t they smart enough to use birth control?

It is shameful and very sad, when providing and paying for abortions is deemed as a “sacred” obligation.

Isaiah 5:20 "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
It's good to know they can still acknowledge the necessity and legitimacy of performing public sacred obligations. Too bad they've chosen Moloch to worship.

Now, if we can only get them to repent and acknowledge more traditional foundational sacred obligations, such as ...

Thanking God for all the gifts we've received by Him, "Life, Liberty, Happiness"

Expressing gratefulness "for purple mountain majesty above the fruited plains, etc"

Thanking God for healthy families, for our parents, siblings and our children . . . including our unborn members.

Then maybe they could support pregnant women by giving them easy assignments, paid leave, and/or letting them go home to families . . .

What is wrong with these people? Is funding abortions all they can think of?
This is a spiritual battle, and it is not accidental. The architects of revolution have long known that the transformation of the West had to come by way of destabilizing the social, familial, and religious pieties of a citizenry.

— Noelle Mering, Awake, Note Woke.
Sacred obligations = pieties = religio = duties.

The original meaning of religio before the Enlightenment redefined it in the 17th Century. Religio always meant shared public sacred obligations. (Going to church was just one of them.) They were also known as "duties" and were a part of the original notion of natural rights. (Such as the "duty" to "honor thy father and mother." There were duties to perform to God (worship), to family (honor), to country (patriotism, which comes from the word "patriarch"), etc. . . .

The modern man cannot acknowledge them because he thinks he creates himself "autonomously" and owes nothing to God.

P.S. This is what I have been re-learning lately, thanks to Scott Hahn's and Noelle Mering's books!

Really good stuff! :up:
1 x
Falco Knotwise

Post by Falco Knotwise »

The very word "piety" has such a stink about these days one might say it's "shameful even to speak" about it?

Shows you how far we've fallen as a culture.

A good article on the word piety:

https://www.firstthings.com/article/2020/11/pietas
1 x
Falco Knotwise

Post by Falco Knotwise »

This is heavy.
“When I destroy all mankind
on the face of the earth,”
declares the Lord,
4 “I will stretch out my hand against Judah
and against all who live in Jerusalem.
I will destroy every remnant of Baal worship in this place,
the very names of the idolatrous priests . . .

those who bow down and swear by the Lord
and who also swear by Molek,
6 those who turn back from following the Lord.

— Zephaniah 5
1 x