Dan Ziegler - A Way Forward for CAM and all of us...

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
dabard
Affiliation: Evangelical

Re: Dan Ziegler - A Way Forward for CAM and all of us...

Post by dabard »

Dan Z, you are a deep thinking man! I've no doubt that God desires restoration for all of his children. Jeriah's physical life is now a matter for the courts. He must abide by judgement of civil laws where his physical body is concerned. While I hope that "restoration" happens for him with his creator, I candidly hope the civil judgement(s) is severe. The victims should never have to worry about meeting up with this man again.

If I'm remotely close to understanding your use of the term restoration, I struggle to reconcile that with one of my longstanding issues with the Anabaptist churches I've known--their abject failure to offer restoration to divorcees. I'm in no way condoning divorce, but I've seen many divorcees, several from Anabaptist marriages, find restoration...from other conservative denominations. Why does a Jeriah merit restoration when the divorced man or woman does not?
0 x
QuietObserver
Affiliation:

Re: Dan Ziegler - A Way Forward for CAM and all of us...

Post by QuietObserver »

dabard wrote:Dan Z, you are a deep thinking man! I've no doubt that God desires restoration for all of his children. Jeriah's physical life is now a matter for the courts. He must abide by judgement of civil laws where his physical body is concerned. While I hope that "restoration" happens for him with his creator, I candidly hope the civil judgement(s) is severe. The victims should never have to worry about meeting up with this man again.

If I'm remotely close to understanding your use of the term restoration, I struggle to reconcile that with one of my longstanding issues with the Anabaptist churches I've known--their abject failure to offer restoration to divorcees. I'm in no way condoning divorce, but I've seen many divorcees, several from Anabaptist marriages, find restoration...from other conservative denominations. Why does a Jeriah merit restoration when the divorced man or woman does not?
How are you defining restoration? Reconciliation (getting back together with original parter) or remarriage?
0 x