Men: How do you dress for Church?

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective

How do you dress for Sunday Church

Total votes: 0

Swiss Bro
Affiliation: ETG

Re: Men: How do you dress for Church?

Post by Swiss Bro »

I admit to wear a tracksuit on flights. What‘s even wrong with that? :?
0 x
HondurasKeiser
Affiliation: LMC & IEMH

Post by HondurasKeiser »

AnthonyMartin wrote:
joshuabgood wrote:
ken_sylvania wrote: Like Mark Zuckerberg?
If you google images for "poor people" or "third world people" you will see many t-shirts and many shorts. You don't see a lot of crisp trousers and buttoned shirts or felt hats or suspenders. I am sorry but that is just an empirical reality.

Zuckerburg, for all his faults, has rightly rejected the clothes of a rich man. Good for him.
Some choose clothes out of necessity and need, others to make certain points. Men like Zuckerberg and Belichick dress down because of the image they want to portray and maintain. I respect dressing for culture, environment and necessity more than dressing for the purpose of protecting "My" image.
Wouldn't dressing for culture be connected to protecting your image?
0 x
Affiliation: Lancaster Mennonite Conference & Honduran Mennonite Evangelical Church
AnthonyMartin
Affiliation: LMC

Post by AnthonyMartin »

HondurasKeiser wrote:Wouldn't dressing for culture be connected to protecting your image?
I suspect it could be. Couldn't it also be connected to simple mutual respect for others?
0 x
HondurasKeiser
Affiliation: LMC & IEMH

Post by HondurasKeiser »

AnthonyMartin wrote:
HondurasKeiser wrote:Wouldn't dressing for culture be connected to protecting your image?
I suspect it could be. Couldn't it also be connected to simple mutual respect for others?
Certainly, I think though it can be hard to disentangle all of the intersecting motivations behind the actions we take.
0 x
Affiliation: Lancaster Mennonite Conference & Honduran Mennonite Evangelical Church