Apostolic Christian Church

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Conservative Anabaptist Church Finder & Information

Post by Josh »

ABC 123 wrote:
twinpines wrote:
There must be a second charity like church in the area as the Dorchester church is all of Mennonite background. Lee Rufener probably is in the other group.
Lee was associated with Brad Baylor the last I knew.
My understanding is the Athens group has had several splits. Who is the Brad Baylor group?

(I used to work for Ned Isakov who lived in Athens pre-splits, and I also used to visit with Lee’s brother, who sadly I haven’t been able to see since this disease started.)
0 x
ABC 123
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Apostolic Christian Church

Post by ABC 123 »

*I think it might be spelled Brad Bahler instead.
0 x
Swiss Bro
Affiliation: ETG

Post by Swiss Bro »

On this site you have all ACCN churches (east and west) and also a few defunct ones: https://accfoundation.org/church-map/

On this site is Eastern conference only: http://www.acc-nazarean.org/our-churches.html

Or check my maps somewhere in this thread ;)
0 x
daigi212
Affiliation:

Post by daigi212 »

francis
PostSat Apr 11, 2020 1:47 am

Maybe I should start my own thread, but I was curious. I was looking up churches in Sarasota, FL (just giving the city for context,) and all the churches seemed to have fairly good relationships with one another (hosting choral concerts in one another's venues, etc.) and this was true for the Evangelicals, the Methodists, Presbyterians, and even the Beachy Amish.
But the one sizeable church that didn't seem to have any online presence or any relationship with other churches was the Apostolic Christian Church in Sarasota (ACCA not ACCN.) I assume that's because of its isolationist policies re: interacting with other churches but wasn't sure because the Beachy church had no issue performing songs with other non-Anabaptist congregations.

I don't believe that any of the ACCA or conservative ACCN(east) churches would build a relationship with other churches, be it Evangelicals, Methodist,Anabaptist etc.

The only Froehlichen group that probably would, would be the ACCN(west) or possibly some of the ACCN(east) that are more in the "liberal" spectrum. Now that could change in the ACCN(east) in the future as they progress.
0 x
daigi212
Affiliation:

Post by daigi212 »

Josh
PostSun Apr 12, 2020 2:37 pm

ohio jones wrote:
Does http://www.acc-nazarean.org represent East, West, or both? The geographical distribution of the congregations listed does not make that obvious, though maybe that's not the origin of the labels.

Both. There are some subtle ways to tell which is which. Due to the shared background and property, they try to find ways to keep this going, although it’s becoming much like if Maranatha Amish-Mennonite and the CMC tried to keep having shared organisations

The churches listed on this website are all eastern conference.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Sorry - I was thinking of ACC Foundation website.
0 x