What to do, how to respond?

Christian ethics and theology with an Anabaptist perspective
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Re: What to do, how to respond?

Post by Neto »

MaxPC wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:48 pm
Neto wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:58 pm The idea of leaving the area during this time reminds me of how many Christian churches in Brazil respond to Carnival time (several days leading up to Ash Wednesday) by scheduling retreats during that time period. The main idea, I believe, is to safe-guard children and adult men as well, from the open nudity and carnality in most cities of any appreciable size.
Meanwhile, the JOCUM people (Brazilian branch of YWAM) responded by sending a medical team into the city, to minister to those who are injured in the fights that break out during this time of drunkenness and drug abuse. (But then some JOCUM teams also went naked while in villages where the natives didn't wear clothes, so maybe they were "used to it.")
Safe-guarding children to be sure; as long as the family does not go to Woke Disney.
Yes, these are organized retreats, with the whole congregation attending as much as possible. (When we happened to be out near the city during that time, we attended with a congregation that was all "river people" - in other words, the poor, and so that was already "out in the country".)
1 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

I expect it is mostly a money-making scam, not serious satanism. The world is full of such greedy schemes. I keep praying, "Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven", and "Come, Lord Jesus."
3 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Decades ago, i knew someone who sat by a satanist on an airplane. This person observed that the man sitting next to the them was praying. In conversation he admitted he was praying AGAINST the prayers of the saints, he was of Satan's kingdom even he recognized a spiritual battle, we wrestle not with flesh and blood.

I would say whatever Satan is being exalted certainly those that would attend are opening themselves up for even demon possession. You cannot serve two masters. I would pray against what's happening there and with children involved I would certainly exercise God's wisdom to teach children spiritual warfare, hiding this reality from them or ignoring this reality between the two kingdoms that are at opposition does not help them when Satan tries to reach children because he definitely is after them.

If i lived in the area i would be inclined to head elsewhere during this lifting up of satan, and pray with my children. We pray a hedge of protection around our children that the enemy cannot penetrate.

Just a note: the spirit of darkness and the demonic realm can set up geographic strongholds in certain areas that was true in the Old testament and New testament and true today. Some Christians are very sensitive in the spiritual realm, my husband and I have that. We can go into towns and since the spirit of darkness and strongholds even though we realize there are churches in the town.

We had a man at our church years ago who purposely bought a second home in Holmes county. This man was very involved with reaching the lost did a lot of Evangelical work. He had different gifts of the Spirit and one of them was discerning of spirits and he would go into Cleveland doing his Evangelical ministry, and he was telling us how he strongly sent the spiritual darkness in Cleveland and it was completely lifted as he would go to his home in Holmes county. We can sense differences like this in areas where there is more of a presence of the demonic realm.

We are called soldiers. Interceding in the Spirit is i believe Gods will in care & protection for sould whom satan goes about like a roaring lion seeking whom he made devour.
1 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

JimFoxvog wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:04 pm I expect it is mostly a money-making scam, not serious satanism. The world is full of such greedy schemes. I keep praying, "Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven", and "Come, Lord Jesus."
The worship of filthy lucre is one of the most serious acts of worship of Satan there is.
2 x
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

Josh wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:21 am
JimFoxvog wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:04 pm I expect it is mostly a money-making scam, not serious satanism. The world is full of such greedy schemes. I keep praying, "Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven", and "Come, Lord Jesus."
The worship of filthy lucre is one of the most serious acts of worship of Satan there is.
Idolatry yes, but I don't see it as worship of Satan. It is normal human sin.
Jesus continued, “It’s what comes out of a person that makes a person unclean, because it’s from within, from the human heart, that evil thoughts come, as well as sexual immorality, stealing, murder, adultery, greed, wickedness, cheating, shameless lust, envy, slander, arrogance, and foolishness. All these things come from inside and make a person unclean.”
0 x